Thursday 3 December 2020

Thursday, 03-12-20

 Good morning!  Weigh day today and we're back to face-to-face meetings again.  In some ways that's nice but I hear less (partly because of masks) and get less out of the meeting than on Zoom.  Oh, well, that's the way it is and I do enjoy helping on the social team!
Fingers are crossed.  I haven't weighed this week and, of course, there was Christmas Tree Day on Sunday.

Yesterday's photos:
This 'sort of breakfast quesadilla' was really nice.   I used one wrap, two bacon medallions, 30g grated cheddar, a few baked beans (I'm having baked beans for lunch, I didn't open a can specially) and some caramelised onion chutney plus my lovely little lekue microwave grill (see below after today's plans).
I layered half the cheese, the bacon (cooked briefly first), the baked beans, the chutney (little blobs) and the rest of the cheese over half the wrap, folded the other half over, placed it in the grill and gave it three minutes.
It was a bit leaky but, oh, my goodness, it tasted great.
One healthy extra A, one B and however many syns the chutney would cost you.  You could miss it out but I think it made a big and delicious difference.

Burger and beans sounds so ordinary but the burger was spicy and home made while the beans were tarted up with some Crucial's BBQ sauce.  Nice.



In the end, I decided to make cauliflower rice so although it looks a right dinner plateful, apart from the chicken in the casserole, this was all speed vegetables.  The cauliflower rice went beautifully with the casserole too.


And today's plans:

B:  bacon and baked beans
I have some beans to use up and there's bacon in the freezer.
SW:  free

L:  spicy tomato and sweet potato soup, grated cheddar; fruit
Again, from the freezer and I remember it as very tasty.
SW:  one healthy extra S

D:  Steak, chips, salad; yogurt
After weigh in so it's a bit of indulgence.  Still SW friendly though
SW:  two syns for oil, one syn for some mayo and half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  Step and balance exercises

Summary:  one healthy extra A and three and a half syns


And finally, a little bit about the lekue grill.  I got it in Lakeland and I've used it lots.  Basically, it is two heat retaining slabs that link together.  I make toasties and quesadillas in it and it also grills and griddles (I cooked the bacon medallions in it before using it for the quesadilla).   You can lift it out of the microwave by hand, thanks to the silicon handles.
Every bit of it can go into the microwave, which is handy.  I have the small version as my microwave is small and anyway I'm just one but there is a larger version too.

Photo copied from the Lekue site.


A disclaimer.  Just to add that I'm not being sponsored for the above.  I bought it myself with my own money and have no other connection with the company.  My opinions are my own.  :-)


6 comments:

  1. Those meals all look and sound lovely. I am going to have a look for that grill as it would save me dragging the toastie maker out of the cupboard for supper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would, and also it's so much easier to clean afterwards. I've disposed of my electric one now.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck for class. I shall be having a look at that grill too, really good idea. We have an electric sandwich maker but it languishes in a high cupboard out of the way (out of sight, out of mind). Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. Neither is the sort of thing you want sitting out but the lekue fits in a very small space at the front of a cupboard that I open often. Toasties and quesadillas can be surprisingly SW friendly too.

      Delete
  3. If I've been good, Santa will be bringing me a Lékué microwave grill for Christmas 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't think of a better motivation for being on the good list! :-D
      xx

      Delete