Wednesday 2 December 2020

Wednesday, 02-12-20

 Good morning, everyone.
I made some burgers yesterday as I had 200g each of pork mince and beef mince left over from making those meatballs on Monday.  
I mixed the minces together with a fork and to that I added half an onion, very finely chopped and softened in spray oil, a roasted pepper (from a jar, in brine) also finely chopped, half a tbsp garlic granules, one tbsp Cajun spice, some salt and some black pepper.
When all mixed together, it made four burgers - a good diameter but not too thick, and they are Slimming World free.
They're also now in the freezer for another day.  I mean days.  Or even one for today!

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast took all of two minutes to put together.  Sometimes it's nice not to have to bother too much and I do like the choccy weetabixes.  They're 'free' on SW and are sweet enough not to need any sugar on top.

The broccoli and stilton soup was absolutely gorgeous and I added 12g grated cheddar that I found in a tiny pot in the freezer.  Goodness only knows how old it was but it tasted fine.  So that was the other half of the healthy extra A to go with the blue cheese triangles I also added.
It's a great soup, made even better by knowing that it uses what is normally just thrown away.



Not the best photo in the world but it was a very tasty meal.  Chicken with pepper, rice and veg. I decided to have some actifried parsnips.  I really fancied them and I'd had plenty of speed fruit and veg through the day.

The Christmas plates are out.  This one is absolutely huge but it is all illusion as it has such a wide rim.



Today's meal plans are:

B:  A breakfast quesadilla
I sorted out the upright freezer yesterday and I have loads of wraps so it's time to start using them up.  Basically, this is just a cheese, bacon and onion chutney quesadilla, nothing fancy, and I might have some tomatoes on the side.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one B

L: burger and beans; fruit
This will work well after personal training and it's just one of the burgers I made earlier with baked beans from a can.
SW:  free

D:  chicken and veg casserole, protein rice, broccoli and sprouts; yogurt or kvarg
The casserole is from the freezer.  I've made a list of everything in the upright freezer and intend working my way through as much as I can before Christmas.
Then I can give it a much needed defrost and start refilling it with stuff from the chest freezer; there's so much in that one still, it is hard to tell what's there and what's not there.
SW:  the casserole is free, the 'rice' is one syn and the dessert is half.

Body Magic:  an hour of personal training today, back at Lindsey's little gym.

Summary:  one healthy extra A and one B plus one and a half syns. I might use some of the second A choice for milk in tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment