Tuesday 8 December 2020

Tuesday, 08-12-20

 Good morning.  Yesterday was quite hard but I know why.  I was doing some Christmas baking, particularly some gingerbread biscuits which I love.  I did sample a few but, thankfully, common sense then took over and they are now safely in the freezer.


Yesterday's photos:

The smoothie was very nice.  I just grabbed what was left in a bag with the label 'smoothie fruit' and, to be honest, there was too much banana really.  It's all gone now though and it made a very acceptable breakfast.  I used gingerbread yogurt, gingerbread skinny syrup and a shale of mixed spice, plus oats and some milk and it made two glassfuls.

The smoked salmon pate was from the freezer and, while the flavour was great, the texture wasn't.  I guess it's because I used light (might even have been very light) soft cheese and that splits when frozen.  I enjoyed it but I won't be freezing my home made salmon pate again.

The meatballs and sauce were as nice as they were last week but I'd have preferred proper rice to cauli rice.  Never mind, no harm done.


Today's plans:

B:  boiled eggs and marmite toast
SW:  one healthy extra B and two syns for light butter

L:  bacon and beans; fruit
My brain went blank and this was all I could think of.  I might have something else instead.
SW:  free

D:  hunter's chicken, salad; yogurt
I will use some of the pulled pork sauce in this - it's very nice and spicy and should work well.
SW:  one healthy extra A, one syn for the sauce and half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  a walk, weather permitting

Summary:  one healthy extra A. one B and three and a half syns




1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Laurie. I do like cauli rice but it didn't go with the sauce very well, sadly. You live and learn!
    xx

    ReplyDelete