Sunday 20 December 2020

Sunday, 20-12-20

 Good morning.  

Yesterday's photos:

A very satisfying breakfast!

A lunch that tasted special.
I found two mini rolls in the freezer that made one B choice and it looked so much more than one bigger roll.
And it was filling - I didn't have my fruit until later on.


It was all going so well - and then came the news of a change of Christmas rules and a new tier four for the South East and I'm ashamed to admit that I totally lost it!  My old habit of comfort over-eating has more or less gone but yesterday evening I didn't even try to fight it.
Back on track today but I doubt I will lose anything this week now.  

Today's plans.

B:  gingerbread pancakes with fruit and skinny syrup
I haven't made these for a week or so - time to catch up
SW:  one healthy extra B for 40g wholemeal flour.  I believe the rest is free as I will slacken the batter with water, if necessary.

L:  a good old roast dinner.  Beef, Yorkshires, roasties and lots of lovely veg; fruit
I got one of those 'roasting beef' joints in Aldi, one that needs to be cooked long and slow for best results.  Fortunately, Alex and I both like our roast beef done slowly.
I found a recipe on the lovely Slimming Eats site for one syn Yorkshires so I shall give them a go, adding a few syns for oil instead of the spray variety.
SW:  hopefully one syn for each yorkshire, some of my healthy extra A for ditto, up to four syns for oil (probably less), and one and a half syns for a level tbsp horseradish.

D:  There will be leftover roast beef so perhaps I can have it with salad or something.  I will have a think - any suggestions?
SW:  not sure but I'll do my best to make it low syn.

Body Magic:  A walk, I think, weather permitting.

Summary:  can't say until I have decided what dinner to have,

2 comments:

  1. The Christmas changes / lockdown news had the same effect on me... I could see it coming and never thought the planned relaxation over Christmas was a good idea in this context but it's still really upsetting to be promised so much then have it taken away... I'm so glad 2020 is nearly behind us, next year must be better...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the thing, Chrissie. Like you, it's not the added restriction. I think that's the best way to go given the current situation. It's the raising of hopes only to have them dashed and I know people had made great plans to see family/friends while remaining safe.
      Christmas won't be cancelled, we will just spend it in a different way.
      xx

      Delete