Saturday 19 December 2020

Saturday, 19-12-20

 Good morning.
It's a very odd thing but using the Christmas china seems to lift quite ordinary food into a 'treat'.  It's a strategy I must remember - to shift the 'Christmas treat' focus from the food to something else.  Right now, it is a big help.

I remembered to take photos yesterday.

Citrus flavoured yogurt, nutty muesli and an orange - and it was delicious.
Lunch was the chicken paste and I decided to have toast, not ryvita, spending an extra three syns in the process.
I used little bits and pieces of chicken from when I was stripping the chicken carcass, 40g dairylea light (half a healthy extra A), two tbsp super light mayo (one syn) and some lime juice, garlic granules, mustard powder and bacon flavouring.
It's great to use up the last little bits so deliciously.


 

For dinner, I was a little piggy and had two pieces of salmon (and it was lovely) and I swapped the planned peas for some salad because it needs using up, plus some balsamic vinegar.
And then I had kvarg instead of the sorbet because it was raining and I didn't want to go to the shed to get it . . .

. .  . which is precisely why I have put all the Christmas goodies out there.



Today's plans.

B:  a good old cooked breakfast - bacon, egg, sausage, tomato and mushroom
The sausage will be the Linda McCartney ones which I really rather like.
SW:  free - speed and protein

L:  smoked salmon roll, salad; fruit
I'm working hard to use as much of the mixed salad as I possibly can before it goes off.  It's lasting out surprisingly well!  I'll layer each half of the roll with Philly light, cucumber, lettuce and smoked salmon with a slice of lemon on top.  It will look a lot more like that!  :-)
SW:  one healthy extra B for the roll, two and a half syns for 35g philadelphia light and the rest is free/speed/protein

D:  meat balls in tomato sauce with a pile of assorted veg; yogurt
The meatballs in sauce are from the freezer.  I have loads of veg at the moment so I think I will have a feast with them - they need sorting out anyway so I can see what I need to use up and what I need to get.  I'll grate 30g cheese to sprinkle over the meatballs.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese, the meatballs and sauce are three syns and the dessert is half a syn.  The veg is all speed/free.

Body magic:  nothing specific today

Summary:  two healthy extra As (including milk for cuppas), one B and six syns


No comments:

Post a Comment