Friday 2 April 2021

Friday, 02-04-21

 Good morning.
I do love an ad hoc 'recipe'.
I was rootling in the freezer yesterday and dug out some chicken stock and some peeled whole tomatoes (from last year's harvest).  To them, I added the left over sweet potato 'rice', some onion and some carrot, boiled it all up together with garlic, salt and better, blended it and pushed it through a sieve and the result was a very fresh tasting tomato soup, lovely and orange like the sungold tomatoes I used.
It's been in the fridge overnight for the fairly simple flavours to develop and I am very much looking forward to lunch.

Yesterday's photos:

I wouldn't want this every day but I have to admit it went down very easily!

60g cheese makes a fine lunchtime toastie!



I totally forgot to take a photo of dinner but it was on plan except that I didnt have the corn on the cob because I forgot to get it out of the freezer.  The Slimwell chips were OK, taking a little less time than home made ones in the actifry.  I don't think they were Maris Pipers but they were OK.
Quite a useful thing to have in the freezer, I think.


Today's plans:

B:  Probably a smoothie or fruit, had earlier than usual because I will be going out.
SW:  If I have a smoothie, half a syn for 125mls milk

L:  home made tomato soup, marmite toast; fruit
Made as described above and I'm looking forward to it very much
SW:  one healthy extra B, two syns for two level tsps spread

D:  Count on Us chicken arrabbiata, extra veg; fruit foam
I've had this ready meal in the freezer for quite a while so it's about time I tried it really.
Each time I go9 to M&S, I take a look at the Count on Us shelves and see if I fancy any of the yellow stickered meals.  I wouldn't touch the fish pie again (which always seems to have yellow stickers - funny, that!), but I have a little collection in the freezer to have when I feel lazy, busy or just fancy one.
SW:  seven and a half syns for the ready meal


Body Magic:  Day 42 of the 100 day challenge:  core exercises, maybe an online walk.  Probably not allotment - I did more than I had planned yesterday, what with the strimming and mowing and then re-digging one of the beds.

Summary:
half a extra As - hmmm . . .
one healthy extra B
nine and a half syns (mostly because of the ready meal)


2 comments:

  1. Your soup sounds delicious - I'm a big fan of soup as it gives you such a hearty dose of vegetables. I have a bowl every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soup is such a brilliant thing to make, isn't it. Perfect for using up odds and ends too. xx

      Delete