Friday 9 April 2021

Friday, 09-04-21

 Morning!!!

Those new scales are quite interesting as they take all sorts of measurements apart from just weight and I have linked (is the the right word?) them to my phone so I can see what those readings.
What has particularly encouraged me is my visceral fat reading.  After decades of being hugely overweight - and I'm talking morbidly obese here - I'd have expected that it would be pretty high but no, actually it reads nice and low.  Subcutaneous fat - well, that's a different matter but I knew that.  It's what I call my lumps and bumps and it gives me something to work towards.

I know the reading are probably not 100% accurate but it's an indication, isn't it?

What I ate yesterday:

This was four tomatoes quartered, one back bacon rasher with the fat cut off (and donated to the birds!), three mushrooms sliced, two eggs, seasonings and stray oil.  Very satisfying. 
The last of the tomato and red pepper freezer soup but not for long because I've made some more and it will go in t'freezer this morning.

I didn't have the planned apple but I did munch some carrot because I didn't need all of it for the soup.


For dinner I was trying out the Count on Us hunter's chicken.  To start with, the chicken breast was satisfactorily large enough and nicely cooked.  There was plenty of sauce but it was the same as all these ready meal tomato sauces - too artificially sweet.  The wedges were OK but home made would be nicer.  To cap that, I overcooked the broccoli, as you can probably tell.
It was OK, I ate it all and enjoyed it, but I don't think it is one I will try again.
Afterwards, I had the yogurt and had stopped eating by 7:00.


Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit salad and yogurt
I'll sure some 0% yogurt with some skinny syrup and whatever fruit I can grab.
SW:  speed and free

L:  chicken, coleslaw and salad; fruit
Just a simple meal of protein and mostly speed salad veg.  I'll probably drizzle some sweet chilli sauce over the chicken for some flavour ooomph.
SW:  one syn for sweet chilli sauce and half a syn for mayo in the hm coleslaw

D:  Ham, mushroom and garlic spinach pizza, salad; yogurt
This is another of those lovely Sainsbury's under 500 calories the lot pizza (439, to be precise) that Slimming World really doesn't like, bringing it in at 23 syns - which I am, of course, ignoring.  Or not fussing about, anyway!  The whole meal will be under 550 calories, easily, and there is such a thing as 'flexi-syns'.
SW:  23 syns for the pizza and half a syn for the yogurt.  I will probably add 30g grated cheddar to the pizza for a healthy extra A - after all, it is Friday evening!

Body Magic:  An online walking video, I think.

Summary:
one healthy extra
25 syns < chuckle >
(but the whole day's eating will be fine as well as calories are concerned)



No comments:

Post a Comment