Wednesday 14 April 2021

Wednesday; 14-04-21

 Good morning!
I am a very lucky bunny. 
The lovely Cherie ( https://northyorkshirescraftguru.blogspot.com/ )   has sent my name and email to Hello Fresh (with my permission) for a freebie - up to nine meal portions and all I pay is postage.  I've actually made it eight (four days/two portions - you can't have single portions) and it's arriving at the end of April.

I've mentioned once or twice that I'm interested in trying these delivery meal boxes and this is the perfect opportunity, thanks to Cherie's generosity.  It'll be a nice change at the beginning of the new month and I'll be sure to let you all know what I think (and whether it is good for my weight).

What I ate yesterday.

I had planned fruit for breakfast, wrapped around a swimming session.  I had a plum and a pear before setting out but when I got home I was really hungry so had toast and marmite plus a lovely big orange.  It wasn't a problem as I hadn't planned any healthy Bs and the syns were really low so two for spread was not an issue.  No photos, sorry.
I must remember this next swimming session and plan accordingly.

Lunch was leftovers from dinner the day before and it was scrummy!  Chicken and veg cheesy pasta bake.  It was followed by an apple.

I had a plum later on in the afternoon.
Dinner was a recipe from the new SW magazine - ratatouille stuffed giant pasta shells.
I already had a portion of ratatouille in the freezer and some chopped tomato left from the day before so this was quite a thrifty meal.  Having said that, I have two of the shells and just under half of the sauce left for today.  With the salad, it was incredibly filling.

(I never seem to be able to get those square dishes straight.  I suspect they might not be totally square and right angled!!)


Today's plans:

B:  breakfast frittata, tomatoes, mushrooms
. . . with two tsps bbq sauce, yum.
This is what I made a few days ago, freezing three of the four portions.  It's packed with veg and each slice is two eggs-worth.  I think it'll go down a treat after my trip to the allotment.
SW:  one syn for the sauce

L:  the pasta shells leftovers plus a bit more cheese and a side salad; fruit
SW:  half a healthy extra A for 15g cheese

D:  smoked haddock and rice traybake; yogurt
Another recipe from the magazine, p28.  I have smoked haddock in the freezer and, if I like the recipe, it might be nice to try it with smoked salmon fillet instead next time.  It says it is a 'one dish wonder' - I'm definitely in favour of less washing up!
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

Body Magic:  some allotment work and it is personal training today too

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one and a half syns.
hmmm - but it's a jolly healthy day's eating, even without all the healthy extras.  Again, there's lots of veg so I reckon the fibre will be OK but if I do feel hungry, it's nice to know I have bread and cheese, just in case.


2 comments:

  1. Bless you. xxx I intend to try Gousto at some point to see how it compares with the Hello Fresh which has seriously outdone my expectations. We have been so impressed with the meals. I do hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's on my list too. I've already tried the muscle food thing. And there's another one, the name of which I can't remember offhand.
      xx

      Delete