Sunday 25 April 2021

Sunday, 25-04-21

 Morning, everyone.
Well, I'm all scoffed out with a slightly muggy head and some very happy memories of a lovely family evening.  There are loads of leftovers but I am feeling strong and determined this morning so it will all go elsewhere rather than in my tum!
Time was, when I would have lived the next day on takeaway and frozen the rest for another day.  Not this time.

What I ate yesterday:

This looks totally 😈 but, in fact, it is 😇.
Blueberry pancakes made with wholemeal SR flour, strawberries and a strawberry coulis (ooooh, get me!) made with strawberries, lemon juice and some vanilla skinny syrup.  I wasn't totally sure it would work but it did, maybe not quite as nice as the full sugar one I made for the pavlova, but nice enough to definitely make again.  And no, I didn't syn the strawberries just because they were cooked and pureed.


I had a bit of chicken for lunch, just to get some protein inside of me, but I wasn't hungry in the least bit.


Here's the birthday 'cake' and it was lovely.  Not SW friendly but wow.  The meringue was crunchy on the outside and marshmallowey on the inside and it was just so good.

And here's the birthday feast - with apologies if it sets anyone off.

How I enjoyed it!


Back on the SW wagon again now with some really nice meals planned for today. 


Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
AT the moment I'm not feeling in the least bit hungry but by eleven I probably will be so I'm going to have a fruit platter.  I have strawberries, apples, oranges and pears so I can make a delicious breakfast from that choice
SW:  speed and half a syn for the yogurt

L:  a roast chicken dinner; fruit
I'm going to wrap a seasoned chicken breast fillet in bacon, wrap it in foil and bake it and I have chicken gravy in the freezer.  No roasties today be cause I have some Jersey royals and I love Jersey royals.  I will make a couple of stuffing balls from a Linda McCartney sausage, mixed with some pease pudding and have all that with assorted veg.  It should be lovely!
SW:  I'm allowing two syns for the gravy but the rest is all free/speed

D:  sausage and bean casserole, side salad; yogurt
I've been wanting to have a go at my own version of the Slimwell sausage and bean casserole and now's my chance.
I have some 'nicer' lower fat sausages that are two and a half syns each which is fine by me.  As you know, I prefer to spend my syns on flavour within my meals rather than sweet/chocolatey snacks outside of meal times.
So - start the sausages (two of them) off in the oven which will need to be on anyway.  In a pan that I can put in the oven, soften the onion and other veg (I will probably use mushroom, roasted pepper from a jar and the last few mange tout)  add chopped tomatoes and spices (the original has quite a kick so I think smoked paprika and chilli, maybe a bit of cayenne too), add the part cooked sausages and a drained and rinsed can of mixed pulses or maybe a can of pulses in a chilli sauce, that might be better and then I can cut the spices, cover the pan and bung it in the oven.
I'll give it a go anyway and see.
There will be enough for more than one portion except for the sausages so I can have something else with it tomorrow.
SW:  five syns for the sausages and half a syn for the dessert plus one healthy extra A for 30g grated cheddar to sprinkle over the top.

Body Magic:  at the moment I am singularly disinclined to do anything at all but, as Beth and I plan to go down the allotment later, that will do!

Summary:
one healthy extra A
eight syns
no Bs but as this is a 'getting back on track' day with things that I really, really fancy, I'm not fussed.




2 comments:

  1. The breakfast, the pavlova and the Chinese feast all look fantastic, I'm so glad you had such a lovely birthday. And well done for not feeling guilty, and for getting right back on track today. I can't remember the last time we had a Chinese takeout. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor I, to be honest. It was really nice, all of it, but especially the pavlova. I was well chuffed with the meringue as I've not made that for decades ago and the last time I tried it was very unsuccessful.
      I'm truly glad to be back on track again now though. xx

      Delete