Wednesday 21 April 2021

Wednesday, 21-04-21

 Good morning.
Well, a swimming slot did ping through yesterday but too late for me to take it up, sadly.  Never mind, I have one booked for tomorrow and one can hardly say I am not exercising at the moment.

I seem to be accumulating a lot of freezer meals, mostly home made, at the moment so I'd better blitz them for a few days.

What I ate yesterday:

For breakfast, I skipped the egg and the tomatoes and had extra bacon in the muffin.  Very tasty with some bbq sauce top and bottom.

Later on I had a plum and a satsuma.
Lunch was a picky plate.  The roast beef pate (paste, really) was delicious.

I followed this with another pear and a plum.

And later on I had yet another pear and a plum - they did need using up!
A very tasty dinner.  The pease pudding pastry top was scrummy with its added cheese.  The top went crisp but underneath remained 'fluffy'.

I am now wondering what adding a bit of flour would do to the mix.  I might try that at some point.  It would then need to be synned, of course.

I had a little nibble of cheese for my second healthy extra 

Today's plans:

B:  fruit salad and yogurt
I have strawberries and blueberries that need using up and I might get some frozen pineapple out of the freezer too.
SW:  speed and free

L:  Swedish meatballs, plant based rice/noodles, side salad; fruit
The meatballs are from the freezer and should be perfect after a gym session.
SW:  one and a half syns for the meatballs and sauce ad one for the noodles

D:  pizza, salad; yogurt
Something both easy and tasty.  It will take me outside syns but not outside calories so I'm not worried.
SW:  twenty four and a half syns (482 calories) for the pizza and half for the dessert

BM:  Wednesday is usually personal training day but Lindsey is on a course so I will have a go in the gym with the scary machines.  :-)  I'm also going to Cressing Temple with a friend so that will be a nice, leisurely walk.

Summary:
no healthy extras, although there will be some cheese on the pizza - it kind of compensates for the horrendously high syns (given one syn = 20 calories, the healthy extras account for  eighteen syns/360 calories, more or less)
twenty eight and a half syns


5 comments:

  1. Lovely sounding meals Joy. I'm looking at the Keto diet and find it fascinating. Not as a long term thing but just to shift a few pounds for the wedding then I will be back on track just eating sensibly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked at keto but it didn't grab me really. Maybe is I had a deadline but I don't. I gather it can be highly successful though.
      To be honest, what really worked is a flexible SW (taking calories into account) approach. I need to feel 'excited' about my meals. It's when the meals feel boring that I stray.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I still haven't got round to trying the pease pudding pastry. It's on my list! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice although I do feel bad about calling it 'pastry'. It quite obviously isn't! :-)
      xx

      Delete