Thursday 1 April 2021

Thursday 01-04-21

 Good morning and welcome to April (no April fooling here!)

It's Thursday so SW Zoom meeting.  I had a sneaky peek at the scales yesterday and, while I have gained a bit after feeding that cold, it's not as terrible as I thought it might be.
I contacted Jen and asked how often a target member needs to report weight in order to stay a member, thinking she would say something like every four weeks but, in fact, it is once every eight weeks.  That being so, and because not weighing in last week turned out to be a positive thing for me, mentally, I won't be weighing in again this week either.  I probably will next week.
I know where I'm at, it's not a case of trying to fool myself or anyone else, and I know what I need to do so I am happy with that decision.

Yesterday's photos:

The morning fruit (no yogurt) and it was perfect eaten in the warmth outside
I'm a late-comer to sushi and I have no idea whether the Aldi kind is any good but I certainly enjoyed it with a lovely big salad.


Dinner wasn't nearly so colourful but it was delicious, all the same.  I found a pouch of sweet potato 'rice' so added half of that to the meal.  I didn't like it much on its own but mixed with the keema curry it was tasty.

I had a raspberry Mullerlight to finish off.


Today's plans

B:  a cooked breakfast
After some days of having fruit for breakfast, and because it's a dull and cloudy morning, I rather fancy something hot so I will have bacon medallions, an egg, mushrooms and tomatoes and I might even splash out on a skinny sausage too, if I remember to get it out of the freezer in time.
SW:  providing I cut all the fat off the bacon, this should come to half a syn for the sausage and one syn for a tbsp of brown sauce - have to have sauce with a sausage!

L:  cheese and ham toastie, side salad; fruit
It was going to be a sandwich but then I remembered about those missing healthy extras so I've added cheese to the mix.
SW:  up to two healthy extra As, one healthy extra B, two syns for some caramelised onion chutney

D:  salmon baked with mango and sweet chilli sauce (yum), chips, corn on the cob, salad leaves; yogurt
I know it's a bit wasteful, but when I was in Aldi, I saw that they do Slimwell oven chips - like the Iceland ones - that one can cook in the actifry using your own oil of choice.  All it saves is the peeling, cutting and soaking in water to get rid of some of the starch but I thought 'give them a go and see what they are like.'
I still have a couple of 'cobettes' from Dad's garden in the freezer and they do nicely in the actifry too.  No butter; I genuinely prefer corn on the cob plain.
It should look more colourful than yesterday's dinner, that's for sure.
SW:  one syn for the sauce, two syns if I use one tsp of oil in the actifry and half a syn for the yogurt

Body Magic:  day 61 of the 100 day challenge; allotment work and core exercises

Summary:
two healthy extra As (that's better)
one healthy extra B
seven syns


No comments:

Post a Comment