Saturday 17 April 2021

Saturday, 17-04-21

 Morning.

What I ate yesterday:

A fairly substantial breakfast with some leftover baked beans, some spray fried tomatoes and mushrooms and a slice of ham, warmed in the pan.
I was going to have bacon in the lunchtime toastie but there were beans still left over, just a few, so I had them instead with cheese and caramelised onion chutney.  Very, very scrummy!

I also had a plum, an apple and, later on, an extra yogurt.

Dinner was steak and chips.  It looks a bit beige and it was because I didn't have the planned salad.  It was filling enough without anything else.  I was very proud of myself - I got two potatoes out to peel and chip and then put one back.
I also had some mayo, some bbq sauce and a yogurt.

Later on I broke my rule and had an orange.  It was lovely!

Today's plans:

B:  pancakes with berries and yogurt
I haven't had pancakes for ages!
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wholemeal flour (a bit of a tweak on my part, not SW approved)

L:  coronation chicken stuffed pitta, salad; fruit
I make coronation chicken with cooked chicken, super-light mayo, curry paste, mango chutney, lemon juice and seasonings (I think that's all) and, while it is not totally authentic, it is pretty nice.  I have used my healthy extra B but don't seem to have planned in any As so I will be naughty and move over one of my As.
(I keep forgetting that target members can have two Bs if they want)
SW:  one healthy extra B, one syn for the mayo, one and a half for one tbsp mango chutney, one and a half for one tbsp curry paste, and half a syn for some squirts of salad dressing.

D:  Swedish meatball pasta, side salad; yogurt
Another recipe from the new magazine, p28, it makes four portion  but they can be frozen so that is OK.  Some recipes can be reduced easily and some can't.
I'm guessing it is a SW version of the famous IKEA meal but am I the only person in the UK who has never, ever, had IKEA meatballs?
There will be a few subs, of course.  I don't think I have tagliatelle but I have plenty of other pasta and I don't have any cranberry sauce.  However, I do have a mini jar of Seville orange marmalade which will have a similar bitter-sweetness.  Finally, the dill will have to be dried, not fresh!
I'll let you know - most SW recipes are lovely, a few can be - er - not so lovely but looking at the list of ingredients, I think this one will be tasty.  I hope so as there will be three portions for the freezer!
SW:  the magazine says it is half a syn per serving so I'll go with that.  Also half a syn for the dessert

Body Magic:  some time down the allotment and this afternoon I will be glued to the telly to watch Prince Philip's funeral so I can do some cycling as well.

Summary:

no healthy extra As but . . .
two healthy extra Bs
(it's not about the nutrition today, it's about the calories)
five and a half syns (or, if you don't like the two Bs, eleven and a half syns!)

6 comments:

  1. You're not alone ... I've never had IKEA meatballs either! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > Phew, I'm glad. 'Everyone' sa's they are lovely though. However, by the time I've got round IKEA, all I want to do is escape!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Your food always looks so good, Joy. The pease pudding pastry certainly intrigues. I shall consider making something similar and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I think it is worth a bit of effort to make it - just don't think 'pastry'. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Despite being a lover of meatballs I've never had the Ikea ones, like yourself I'm always keen to get out of there! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'm not as alone on this as I thought I was. The SW recipe was a big success though.
      xx

      Delete