Thursday 8 April 2021

Thursday, 08-04-21

 Good morning.  
Well, yesterday went OK.  I stuck to plan, didn't eat after 7 pm and it felt good.  

I have bought some new scales.  I was getting so frustrated with my old scales that showed different measurements each time I got on so I could never be confident that they were giving me a true measurement.  The new ones are Renpho scales which were highly recommended as being reliable and consistent and they are certainly consistent.  I have to take the 'reliable' on trust really, given the consistency.
Anyway, I now know the damage, whether or not they read differently to the old ones

What I ate yesterday:

Egg on toast - nice and plain, dead easy and surprisingly filling.  I didn't want anything too much because of personal training.
The soup was lovely and I sprinkled some salt a pepper chip spice over the croutons and it made a big difference.  Very nice indeed.

I had three easy peelers and a pear later on.
The steak looks burned. It wasn't, it was just right for me, slightly pink in the middle.  I actifried the chunky chips with some oil and some salt and pepper chips spice (as with the croutons earlier) and they were very nice indeed

I couldn't manage all the salad and, after a discussion with myself, I skipped the yogurt too.




Today's plans:

B:  bacon and mushroom omelette with tomatoes on the side.
I cook the tomatoes first, remove them and keep them warm.  Then, in the same pan, cook some lean bacon, chopped into cm squares (roughly!) and some sliced mushroom, spray a bit of oil and fry until done.  Meanwhile, whisk up two eggs with seasonings to own taste (I tend to use salt, pepper, a few garlic granules and a bit of mustard powder), pour it onto the cooked bacon and mushroom and cook as usual.  Serve with the tomatoes on the side.
SW:  speed and free

L:  tomato and red pepper soup, croutons; apple
This was so nice yesterday and I just happened to notice that there was another portion in the freezer so why not?
I've also taken out what I believe is the very last of last summer's frozen tomatoes because I want to make some more.
I will do the croutons in the same way as yesterday's; they were so lovely and crunchy and much 'lighter' that the ones you can buy in packets, in crunch, texture and calories.
SW:  The soup and the apple are pretty much totally speed and the croutons are half a healthy extra B

D:  Count on Us hunter's chicken, broccoli; yogurt
You may wonder why I bought a ready meal hunter's chicken when it is so easy to make.  Well, because it was there, it was a bit reduced and because I wanted to try it and see.  It also includes a few potato wedges and I will add broccoli on the side.  I might also have one of the 'cobettes' (hate that term) of corn from the freezer too.  I like it best just plain with no butter.
SW:  the SW database says four syns.  However, it does contain cheese (not much) and pretty much all the ingredients are SW free and speed so I am going to call it half a healthy extra A and one syn which seems about right.  Also, half a syn for the yogurt

Body Magic:  I see Lindsey has put up some step stuff on YouTube so I'll get out the step and have a go at that.

Summary:
half a healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
one and a half syns
(none of which sounds all that much for what looks like a full day's eating - ah, well, swings and roundabouts!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment