Monday 19 April 2021

Monday, 19-04-21

 Good morning!

What I ate yesterday:

Breakfast was my versions of coconut French toast with spiced roasted pineapple, very much adapted from a recipe of the same name on the BBC Good Food site.
It was a bit of a faff but very, very nice.  I had a bit of the coconut egg mixture left so I sort of omeletted it, rolled it up and that's what you can see over the pineapple with some maple syrup scrapings on top.

(I didn't need the whole of the pot of coconut kvarg I used so I polished that off afterwards)


I don't have any photos of lunch.  It was a slow roast beef dinner and, because I slow roasted it in the slow cooker, I have lots of lovely stock for another day - gravy, soup or whatever.  The beef came out very tender and melt-in-the-mouth and it all wend down extremely well.  I have leftovers for just one more roast dinner plus plenty of meat.
Thankfully, the new muffin tray did its best and the Yorkshires fell out effortlessly.  Phew.

This was tea.  Four long lettuce leaves spread with the sauce, then thin slices of roast beef, then dollops of sauce - it was too thick to drizzle.
The sauce was dollops of fromage frais, quark and super low mayo with grain mustard, horseradish, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  It was really nice although it would have been nicer made with creme fraiche.  

There was a little bit of fruit salad and foam left over so I finished that off instead of yogurt.

Later on (ooops), I had a plum and some satsumas.  Not too much of a disaster!

Today's plans:

B:  porridge and fruit
It's a bit misty this morning and porridge feels 'right'.  I have strawberries and blueberries to use up and will probably sweeten it with some coconut skinny syrup.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for the milk and one B for 40g oats

L:  Count on Us chicken tikka and rice; fruit
I have lunch more or less straight after a gym induction so I will probably be pretty hungry, hence this choice, from the freezer.
SW:  seven and a half syns (340 calories so I don't feel too guilty about it)

D:  Sunday leftovers dinner - roast beef, one little roastie, broccoli, roasted Med veg and gravy; yogurt
Synning this is hard because it's all small amounts of a much larger whole so it's very approximate.
SW:  two syns for the gravy, half a syn for the roastie (the oil used), one syn for a good dollop of horseradish, the med veg were done in spray oil and half a syn for yogurt,

Body Magic:  the gym induction which I am a bit nervous about but looking forward to at the same time.

Summary:
one healthy extra A - half for the porridge and I'll use the rest in cups of tea
one healthy extra B
eleven and a half syns


1 comment:

  1. Thanks - I dearly love my food, little piggy that I am. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete