Saturday 24 April 2021

Saturday, 24-04-21

 Good morning, all.
Today is a special day.  Breakfast and lunch will be on plan but the evening will be very off as my family (the ones who live locally) are round here for a takeaway Chinese in the garden to celebrate my birthday!  Just one meal and it's straight back on plan on Sunday, I hope.

Isn't it funny how some days are 'hungry' days and some quite the opposite.  After fighting hungry days all week (and winning, I hasten to add), yesterday was a 'full' day and I didn't snack or even have any fruit.  Most unusual for me.

What I ate yesterday:

The eggy bread bacon sandwiches were just the ticket and very filling.  I didn't have the fruit I had also planned - no room left.
I can see why the Tiktok pasta has gone viral.  This was absolutely delicious and so very simple.
I used spray oil rather than the 'good glug' of olive oil.  I tossed some cherry tomatoes, some yellow pepper and some red onion in spray oil in a small, high sided oven tray and added some garlic granules, salt and pepper.  In the middle I put a lump of feta, just over 60g to make one and a half syns and gave the feta a spray of oil.  It went into the oven at 180C (fan) for half an hour by which time the tomatoes had burst and the onion and pepper were soft.  I added the leftover protein noodles and gave it all a good mix.  The feta went all gooey and sauce like, mixed with the tomato juices and all the flavours.
Oh, it was good and I can hardly wait to make it using fresh picked tomatoes from the garden.  It will be sublime.
I've had this Slimwell meal before and it's very nice.  However, I must make it from scratch as, like most tomato based ready meals, the sauce has that synthetic sweetness which just spoils it a little bit.  It can't be difficult!

I finished the day with a Mullerlight.




Today's plans:

B:  blueberry pancakes with strawberries and yogurt
. . . because it's my favourite.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wholemeal flour

L:  some sort of chicken and salad; fruit.  
I have a cooked chicken breast that needs using up so I might just slice it, drizzle over some sweet chilli sauce and make up a big salad to have with it.  Nice.
SW:  one syn for the sauce

D:  Totally off plan.  
It's my birthday and I'll scoff if I want to
Scoff if I want to,
Scoff it I want to.
You would scoff too - if . . .

Beth and Alex (daughter and grandson), Dave and Anna (son and partner) are round for a takeaway Chinese (in the garden and appropriately distanced), more alcohol than any of us will be able to manage (Dave bought it round last night so I know) and a great big delicious strawberry pavlova instead of a cake.  I made the base yesterday.

Imagine this, topped with lashings of whipped cream and strawberries.  I might drizzle some chocolate sauce over it or maybe have some on the side with extra cream in case anyone wants it.


And I don't feel in the remotest bit guilty!  So there!








Straight back on plan tomorrow morning!

Body Magic:  Some weeding down the allotment




3 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very happy birthday Joy, enjoy the evening with your family and the lovely food xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Sooze. I'm looking forward to having a super day, one way and another.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Not having made meringue all that much, I w as pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. Mind you, I now have seven egg yolks to finish off. Custard, anyone?
    xx

    ReplyDelete