Tuesday 20 April 2021

Tuesday, 20-04-21

 Good morning, everyone.
Well, I survived my gym induction and now I have a series of 'things' to do up in the high tech gym.  The plan is to do half an hour or so before I have my swim.  That will be good, I think.

What I ate yesterday:

  I guess I ought to call this breakfast 'patriotic porridge' as it's all red, white and blue.
It was tasty too with butterscotch syrup in the porridge.

Lunch, a Count on Us curry, was filling and tasty.  I followed it with an apple.

Later on I had a pear and a plum.

This is pretty much what yesterday's dinner looked like but without the Yorkshire pudding.  Dessert was a yogurt.


I really enjoyed yesterday's food.  Delicious!!

Today's plans:

B:  egg and bacon muffin, tomatoes and mushrooms
Just what it says on the box.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the muffin and one syn for some bbq sauce

L:  beef pate, lo dough crispy triangles, side salad
Yesterday, I blended some cooked beef with 75g light soft cheese with cracked black pepper, two tbsp light mayo and all the horseradish there was left in the jar (very little).  That being so, I also added some Henderson's relish for a bit of ooomph.  Oh, and some salt and pepper.  The flavours should have developed overnight.
What I made is enough for two portions so I will freeze one portion, I think.
SW:  three syns for the soft cheese, half a syn for super-light mayo and half a syn for a little bit of horseradish (all that was left in the jar), two syns for the lo-dough

D:  beef pie, assorted veg; yogurt
The pie will be chopped up roasted beef, left over from Sunday, with some sort of sauce/gravy and the topping will be some pease pudding pastry
SW:  two syns for Bisto to thicken the sauce and half for the dessert.  I think the rest must be free.

Body Magic:  I am on the waiting list for a swim but, if that doesn't come through (it hasn't so far so I expect it won't now), I have to do some work down the allotment.

Summary: 
no healthy extra As but I do have the soft cheese in the pate that used to be an A choice (cheese, not pate)
one healthy extra B
nine and a half syns

3 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion, Joy. If you plan to have an apple with a meal, try eating it half an hour before the meal. Seemingly it activates certain digestive juices in your stomach which make for healthy eating. I usually have half an apple before lunch every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of that, thanks very much. xx

      Delete