Sunday 18 April 2021

Sunday, 18-04-21

 Good morning!

What I ate yesterday:

Such a delicious breakfast.  I added a bit of Sweet Freedom syrup for a couple of syns.
I'm admitting nothing but it was tasty enough for one to be tempted to lick the plate afterwards
< cough >.

Lunch was coronation stuffed pitta and very tasty it was too.  I just had tomatoes and watercress on the side.

Later on in the afternoon, I had a plum.

To be honest, I really wasn't sure about the recipe for Swedish meatball pasta but you know what - it was delicious.  I am so glad there are three more portions nestling in the freezer.
If you have the SW magazine, do check it out.

I finished off the day with a kvarg.

Today's plans:
Lunch will be off plan.  Officially off plan anyway, although I think it will probably be SW friendly.  However, I can't be bothered to work it all out so am calling it off plan.  Just the one meal.

B:  coconut French toast with spiced roasted pineapple
This is adapted from a recipe in this month's BBC Good Food mag.  Sounds posh, doesn't it?  Fingers crossedingers crossed.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice of bread, half a syn for coconut kvarg and one syn for 10 mls maple syrup

L:  roast beef, Yorkshires, roasties, veg, etc; fruit salad and fruit foam
Beth and Alex are round for lunch and I have a lovely piece of beef to slow roast in my enamel roaster.  It will go in very early, super low, as I have a swim at nine.
The last time I did roasties they stuck and I had to scrape them out.  I chucked that muffin tray which was, admittedly, very old, and will the christening the new tray.  The roasties will be actifried and I have a tray of Med veg to roast in garlic and spray oil.  I'll probably do some broccoli too - we all love broccoli!
SW:  off plan, no idea

D: (tea really)  roast beef canapes, salad; yogurt
Anticipating plenty of leftovers, I googled and found this:
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/blinis-creme-fraiche-roast-beef-cornichons
Obviously, I won't be making this as it stands, but I can adapt it.
I thought I could use some superlight mayo and fromage frais, mixed, some grain mustard and come cornichons as stated, plus some of the beef and some seasonings and pile it onto salad leaves with some watercress and tomatoes on the side.
I doubt the beef will slice nicely, it is long sloe roasted and will likely fall apart so it will look a mess, but flavour-wise it might be good.
What do you think?
SW:  a tbsp of wholegrain mustard is one and a half syns and the mayo would be up to one and a half too, depending on how much I use.  Also half a syn for the yogurt

Body Magic:  Beth and I are allotment bound in the afternoon and I have a swim planned for the morning.

Summary:
Off plan but as far as the on plan meals are concerned . . .
half a healthy extra B
four and a half syns.


3 comments:

  1. I love meatballs, especially IKEA meatballs, and I love pasta so that would suit me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a go, I should say.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Laurie - lovely to have you back again.
    xx

    ReplyDelete