Friday 9 September 2022

Friday, 09-09-22

Good morning, everyone!
Weigh day today.  Oh, well, face the music, Joy, face the music.
It might not be a full group after yesterday.  It all depends on how people feel.

Yesterday's meals

Breakfast
Bacon and tomatoes.
While at Lathcoats on Monday, I treated myself to some really nice bacon that, in fact, after all the price rises in supermarkets, didn't seem as ridiculously pricey as it could have been.  It was lovely bacon and not even a tiny bit of white gunk came out as it cooked.  Obviously, I cut off all the visible fat but I am sure if I hadn't, it would have been delicious.

later on, I had an apple.
Lunch
The hm tomato and roasted red pepper soup I described yesterday and, made with garden grown tomatoes, it was deliciously sweet in a savoury sort of way.
I'm delighted that there is another portion of this in the freezer now, plus two portions of the Sunday leftovers soup.

Afters was another apple and two plums.

Dinner.
I made a sort of ratatouille type mixture with onion, pepper, courgette, mushrooms and tomatoes and then added some frozen peas, corn and broad beans as an afterthought.
The chicken was hammered out and then I dusted it with a Caribbean spice mix which is sort of curryish before spray air frying it.  I know it looks odd but it tasted great.
I didn't have any dessert.

Just over 10,500 steps today.
Today's plans

B:  porridge with, probably, plum jam and natural yogurt
It's cool and damp and porridge feels right this morning.
SW:  according to the SW site, jam is two syns per level tbsp - I'll probably have a couple of tbsps for four syns.  Also one healthy extra B for the oats, half an A for milk and half a syn for 2% yogurt

L:  small jacket potato, ratatouille and grated cheese, salad; fruit
I have some of the sort-of ratatouille left to use up.  It's not real ratatouille - no aubergine and certainly not loaded with olive oil, but it's nice, all the same.
SW:  one healthy extra A for grated cheddar

D:  nasi goreng, broccoli; yogurt
I often go a bit off beam Friday dinner time but not this week after all the stodge.  This is another Simply Cook leftover portion and it's nice that gaps are now appearing in the freezer drawer, despite the three portions of soup I stashed away yesterday.
Nasi Goreng is an Indonesian stir fry rice dish.
SW:  three syns for the nasi goreng and half a syn for yogurt

E:  Rest day today - so just the usual housework and I always aim for at least 5,000 steps

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eight syns



No comments:

Post a Comment