Sunday 25 September 2022

Sunday, 25-09-22

 Morning, everyone.

Really sorry, I didn't get any food photos taken - I'm in full holiday mode and focused on chatting to the friend I am holidaying with rather than taking food photos.

Breakfast was toast and jam and a yogurt.  

Lunch was bits and bobs we had brought with us - ryvita, a simple salad of lettuce, pepper and tomatoes, Bombay mix and fruit.

Dinner was the first of the Simply Cook kits I've brought here, pasta (really penne but I brought fusilli) alla rustica and it was absolutely delicious.  It was chorizo, tomatoes, single cream and pasta plus the spice pots but I added onion, pepper and mushroom and some spinach.  I'm definitely getting that again, it was amazing, and I'll try exchanging ingredients like chicken and bacon for chorizo and yogurt for the cream, not just for SW reasons but also because I think it would be good.
With it, we shared a bottle of ale we had bought at a food fair and it went perfectly.

Today's plans are a bit vague.

Breakfast will probably be weetabix or muesli with some fruit and some yogurt

Lunch will be out somewhere so no real idea.

Dinner is the other Simply Cook kit I have brought, chicken tagine.  I will again add some extra veg and this one looks much more SW friendly than the pasta yesterday.


2 comments:

  1. I loved the penne alla rustica and will be getting it again. I swapped the cream for yogurt and added onions, courgette and mushrooms in mine ... it made loads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know that yogurt works too, thanks. I love flexi-recipes. :-) xx

      Delete