Sunday 4 September 2022

Sunday, 04-09-22

Good morning, everyone!
Yesterday went fine.  I had to battle sundry little temptations but there's nothing new in that and I won!  Most of those scones are now at Val's and the leftover scraps ones are safely away in the freezer.  Out of sight!

Yesterday's meals

Breakfast.
I had a banana and an easy peeler when we stopped for coffee on our walk which I didn't photo.  When I got home, I had these grapes.
Lunch
Leftovers from the day before and very nice too.



Later on, I made some coleslaw for dinner and had the leftover carrot and apple as a snack.  Both speed foods.

Dinner
Oh, my - this was a dinner and a half.  The steak (fillet, from Aldi) was gorgeous, I Ninja-ed the chips at twenty degrees lower and five minutes longer than usual and they were so nice and crunchy, there's mushrooms under the steak that I cooked in the same pan so as not to waste the nice meaty bits and the coleslaw was half a syn for the superlight mayo.  Loads of speed in this meal.
And it was just lovely.
No room for dessert.

So, it was a jolly nice day, all in all.  

I did just over 11,500 steps too.  Good oh!
Today's plans

B:  bacon, baked beans and mushrooms
Time for a cooked breakfast, I think.  It's still SW friendly.
SW:  protein, speed and free

L:  roast lamb, mint sauce, roast potatoes, various veg; fruit
To soften my puritanical guilt at buying something as costly as a little lamb joint, I have invited Beth and Alex over to share it with me - well, Alex anyway, Beth is vegetarian
SW:  unless I use some oil for roasting the potatoes, this lovely roast dinner should be free as long as I cut off any fat from the meat.

D:  beanburger in a roll, salad, coleslaw; yogurt
I plan to make the beanburger using an onion and rosemary sausage as a starting point, add some mashed mixed beans and maybe some grated carrot, plus some spices.
SW:  one healthy extra B for a wholemeal roll and one A for some grated cheddar plus half a syn for coleslaw and ditto for yogurt

E:  Just the usual rushing around cooking a roast dinner for guests!!

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
one syn



2 comments:

  1. That beanburger sounds tasty and what a good way to stretch a packet of sausages, Full of protein and reasonably cheap for a family burger night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound OK, doesn't it. Hopefully it will work really well - I do like a tasty beanburger. xx

      Delete