Friday 16 September 2022

Friday, 16-09-22

Good morning
Weigh in - and I'm not fussed.

Yesterday's meals:
Breakfast
Lovely home made waffles.  I grabbed some frozen plums and strawberries (both from Lathcoats) and then noticed that I have a few Autumn raspberries to pick so I added them and wow!  Delicious.

We're definitely entering waffle/pancake/porridge season now!  :-)



Lunch
I always love leftovers.  Not only are they no trouble at all, the flavours definitely improve overnight.
And see that lovely selection of tomatoes.  The garden plants are still producing at a reasonable rate.

Quite a bit later on, I had an orange.
Dinner.
The stir fry recipe was really nice and very easy to make too.  I just added some beansprouts as I had some in the freezer.

You could easily ring the changes by using different vegetables.

I was too full for any dessert



My step counter says 11,500 plus but that's not right - I suspect the arm movements involved in crocheting is triggering the counter and I have done a lot of crochet today.
Oh well!
Today's meal plans:

B:  bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms
Hopefully, a nice, filling breakfast will ward off the Friday nibblies later on!
SW:  speed/free/protein

L:  cheese and ham toastie; salad
I do love a toastie!
SW:  one healthy extra A, one healthy extra B and one syn for 10mls chutney

D:  fish, chips and peas; yogurt
On Fridays, I do like to have something a bit 'fakeaway' in style so . . . fish and chips.
All home made though.  I will use some cod from the freezer and three syns-worth of wholemeal breadcrumbs plus a tiny bit of flour (I will call it a syn for safety's sake) and beaten egg and the chips will be made the usual way in the air fryer.
I will do it properly with some tartare sauce (assuming I have some), etc.
SW:  three syns for breadcrumbs (I will weigh them properly and it might be less), one syn for flour and half a syn for yogurt.

E:  Lindsey has given us some 'homework' so I'll do that.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As (thinking café au laits here)
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns - that's not bad considering!

No comments:

Post a Comment