Monday 5 September 2022

Monday, 05-09-22

Good morning, everyone!


Yesterday's meals

Breakfast
This was filling and very satisfying.  I added some tomato puree to the baked beans for a bit of extra flavour.

Earlier, while prepping dinner, I had a few grapes and half a raw carrot

Beth and Al couldn't come over until the evening so I swapped the planned meals round so . . .

Lunch
I have to say, the bean burger was delicious.  One onion and rosemary sausage mushed with some mashed mixed pulses, garlic and onion granules, fajita spice and black pepper, shaped into a burger and chilled until needed.  Spray and gently fry until nice and golden.
I think I didn't mention the coleslaw yesterday - another half syn - and I also had two tsps onion chutney for one syn.  Also, when I looked, I had quite a lot of wholemeal muffins so I had one of them instead of a roll.  Still one healthy extra B.

Dinner
Beth and Al did manage to make it for dinner.  
The lamb was so lovely, really melt in the mouth and there was more than I thought.  After Al had had seconds and then thirds, there were still a couple of slices which he took home and enough to see me through tomorrow.  Better value than it seemed at first and such a treat.
Apologies for the lack of design neatness - I nearly forgot and just snapped quickly.

There's plenty of veg left for another day too - possibly bubble and squeak?

Steps were under 5,000.  It was a lazy day.


Today's plans

B:  sweet omelette, fruit and yogurt
The eggs will provide more substance just before circuit training.
SW:  this should be all speed and free food

L:  small jacket potato with bacon, cheese and baked beans, salad; fruit
I really fancy this after having that jacket potato last Thursday.  It's starting to feel like warmer food weather again, even though it's still quite warm, especially as we had rain overnight.  The beans are leftovers from yesterday.
SW:  the cheese is one healthy extra A while the rest should all be speed and free

D:  lamb pasta, veg; fruit fluff
Using what is leftover from yesterday's roast lamb plus a nice hm tomato sauce from the freezer and the usual additions - onion, pepper and mushrooms.
SW:  the main is all free/speed/etc and the fruit fluff is half a syn (one if I have more).

E:  Lindsey's back so it is circuits today.  I might go for a swim afterwards.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no B but I eat the potato skin and the pasta will be wholemeal so I won't be short on fibre
one syn

2 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering at the thought of roast lamb. I haven't bought any in ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so, so delicious. I really must treat myself a bit more. xx

      Delete