Saturday 17 September 2022

Saturday, 17-09-22

Good morning
Maintained.  Yee-hah!!!  I'm good with that!

On one of the YouTube vlogs I regularly follow, A Bit of Kazza, the other day she had a go at making crisps (potato chips) in her Ninja and it seemed to be very successful.
I am sure SW would call it a 'tweak' and fair enough but, if I had some with a meal, as part of the meal, instead of any other carb, I am sure I could make the case for it being a free food - potatoes, spray oil, salt and pepper - that's all it took.  Oh, and fifteen minutes in Ninja.
I'm going to give it a go sometime anyway and I will let you know.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast
I had planned to have egg but when it came to it I realised my gastronomic soul was crying out for baked beans so that's what I had.
And it was gorgeous!



Lunch
Apologies for the photo - the sun was very bright.
The toastie was delicious and the salad very simple - just tomatoes, lettuce and beetroot.

Later on, I had an orange and rather a lot of little tomatoes from the garden.
Dinner.
It doesn't look much but the cod was a nice chunk and filling.  I didn't fancy anything else with it and I'd attacked the tomatoes earlier so I wasn't short on speed!
The fish took 15g hm breadcrumbs so that was one and a half syns and the whole lot cooked in the Ninja, twenty minutes for the chips and ten for the cod, set to synch so they finished at the same time.  It was a doddle and much cheaper than having the oven on.
I'm rather loving my Ninja at the moment.

Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit
It's the Group's occasional parks walk this morning so I will take some fruit with me to have when we stop for coffee
SW:  speed and free

L:  beans on toast, maybe a couple of onion and rosemary sausages; fruit
I have half a can of baked beans left over from yesterday's breakfast to use up and I'll decide on the sausages when I get home from the walk.  They thaw pretty quickly.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice of wholemeal and a healthy extra A if I grate some cheese over the beans.

D:  steak pie, assorted veg; yogurt
This feels a bit naughty but well within SW channels.
Earlier in the year, I made some not-sausage rolls with bought puff pastry and what was left I froze in small sheets, eight syns per sheet.  I'm going to use a can of the lovely M&S steak in gravy (and if I need more meat, I will use some cooked and frozen ox cheek that's in the freezer and needs using up), spoon the meat into an oven proof dish, lay one of the puff pastry sheets on to and it should (fingers crossed) make two portions, one for today and one for Monday, probably.  I think that will be four syns per portion although I must just check that the canned steak is still free.
I'm going to spoon off some of the gravy because I have a mini beef joint to roast for my Sunday dinner.
SW:  four syns for the pastry, or eight if I have the lot, yes, the steak in gravy is still a SW free food.  Half a syn for yogurt

E:  parks walk

Summary:
one healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
a maximum of eight and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment