Monday 19 September 2022

Monday, 19-09-22

 Morning, everyone.


Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast
Easy peeler, apple (somewhat wizened but fine to eat still), blueberries and blackberries plus 2% yogurt.  Delicious!
Lunch
Oh, this was so good.
Usually I go for a slow roast but I thought I'd following the instructions on the pack today as I do like a slightly pink steak.
It was delicious.
The boulangere potatoes were scrummy and I'm going to make them more often.  An hour in the Ninja bit that would be more economical that the oven and maybe I could do most in the microwave and just crisp it all up in the Ninja - must give that a go.
I don't go much for gravy but - wow.  I had saved from gravy from the canned steak, popped it into the roasting dish to sort of deglaze it and then added the juices that came out of the beef while it was resting.  So good!
I saved the fruit salad until later.

Dinner
The beef rollups worked fine although I think chutney would have been better that horseradish and cheese spread.  I treated myself to a drizzle of salad cream (the 70% less fat kind - I didn't go entirely bonkers!)

I froze some bananas that were almost over and then blended the frozen chunks zizzed frozen banana worked a treat - definitely making that again.  Another fruit that would puree smoothly would be nice to add - perhaps mango.  Banana and mango - that sounds rather good, don't you think.  Or some toffee Mullerlight - mmmmmm.
 Or I could add chopped nuts or choc chips or . . . no, better not start thinking that way.  But it was delicious and quick and so, so simple - just as long as you remember to freeze your banana chunks beforehand.


Today's plans:

B:  bacon sandwich with tomatoes and mushrooms
I'm having tomatoes and mushrooms for dinner too - I have quite a lot to use up and anyway, I love them!
SW:  one healthy extra B for bread

L:  Sunday leftovers - beef, boulangere potatoes and veg; fruit
All speed and free unless I have some horseradish which I will count, in case.  Exactly the same as yesterday for which I am extremely grateful.  It was so, so delicious!
SW:  one syn for two tsps horseradish

D:  steak, chips, tomatoes and mushrooms; 
Rather a beefy day today, isn't it?  I might change the steak for chicken but the SW values will be the same.
The ice cream is just some very soft bananas that I peeled, broke into smeller bits and froze.  You just blend it until smooth and, I gather, it makes a very nice ice cream type thingy.  Have you done that?  Was it good?
SW:  speed and free and protein and I'm not synning banana just because it has been blended.

Exercise:  early morning circuits

Summary:
No planned healthy extra As (but I probably will have some at some point)
one healthy extra B
one syn

However, I also have a half bottle of prosecco which I will open to drink to the late Queen - obviously not to her health but in memory - and to our new King and Queen Consort.  Old fashioned, maybe, but it feels 'right'.

No comments:

Post a Comment