Tuesday 13 September 2022

Tuesday, 13-09-22

Good morning
I'm pleased with how things are going this week.  Thank goodness I really enjoy cooking!  :-)

I was right out of cheese yesterday, something I rarely allow to happen, so I did a quick shop and decided to branch out a bit.  Cheddar isn't a terribly good melting cheese so I thought if I get some Double Gloucester (which is better at melting) I could mix it with cheddar for better melt and better colour too.  So I then went and fell for trying some lower fat mature cheddar instead of my usual kind.  In the past I have found lower fat flavour not so 'cheesy' but it might have improved since the last time.
Anyway, mix and match is the name of the game!  Fingers crossed.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast
Lovely pancakes.  I used 30g wholemeal flour so added one and a half syns.

(apologies for the darkness of the photo)
Lunch
This looked odd - I used some Emmental (spelling???) from the freezer and it didn't really melt.  Nice though, really tasty.
Dinner
The meatballs were very good and the veg was leftovers from Sunday.  There's loads of the sauce for today.  It was absolutely packed with speeds, this dinner - onion, baby corn, pepper, mushroom, chopped tomatoes . . . plus the carrots and broccoli.   I'm glad there is plenty left.

Later on, I had an apple.


Steps - nearly 9000.  Getting better!


Today's meal plans:

B:  porridge, jam and yogurt
40g oats, 120 mls milk, one tsp jam and 2% yogurt.  Yummy!
SW:  half a healthy extra A, one healthy extra B, two syns for jam and half a syn for yogurt

L:  ham and potato frittata, salad
I'll have to syn any extra milk today as I'm using the last 15g (ish) cheese in this.  It's just a single portion so that's OK.
SW:  half a healthy extra A but everything else is speed/free

D:  chicken and ham pasta bake, added veg; yogurt
I have leftover ham and leftover tomato and veg sauce so it's a no brainer really.  And I do love ham and chicken together.
SW:  one healthy extra A for grated cheese and half a syn for yogurt

E:  Groove aerobics this morning.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six syns (including three for two cafe au laits - which I might not have)

No comments:

Post a Comment