Wednesday 14 September 2022

Wednesday, 14-09-22

Good morning
Well, yesterday started off well and tumbled into a fair old disaster.  Emotional eating - not for sadness, quite the opposite, in fact, but the impact was the same, darn it.

HOWEVER, I was pondering this whole thing a bit earlier and . . .
I am an emotional eater - always have been, always will be.  I accept this basic fact and move on.  
I am fitter than I have been for a very long time and am keeping on with this
I am healthier than I have been most of my adult life, both physically and, I think, mentally too and am seeking out positivity and good things.
I am slimmer that I have been since having children apart from one short spell and am continuing to plan and eat a good, healthy diet with plenty of fruit, veg and variation, cooked from scratch 99% of the time.

I'm in a good place really.  The fact that it could be a bit 'better' is neither here nor there.  There's nothing wrong with where I am right now and, while the scales on Friday might not be nice to me, that really doesn't matter.  What's important is the ongoing journey, scenic routes and all.

Sermon over!
Yesterday's meals:
I only took one photo and it's so boring I'm not posting it - a bowl of porridge with jam and yogurt - and it was lovely!!

I made the lunch time frittata but never ate it so it's the basis of two of today's meals, warmed up.  Nice and easy!

Today's meal plans:

B:  half the frittata with tomatoes and mushrooms
SW:  one healthy extra A

L:  ham and potato frittata, part two, salad; fruit
It's very hard to make something like to make just one portion - well, I find it pretty impossible.  On the plus side it cooked rather nicely in the Ninja so that 's a saving on electricity!  It should warm up in there pretty well too, wrapped up in a bit of foil.
SW:  one healthy extra A

D:  chicken and ham pasta bake, added veg; yogurt 
I have leftover ham and leftover tomato and veg sauce so it's a no brainer really.  And I do love ham and chicken together.
SW: six syns for cheese (I've already used my healthy As) and half a syn for yogurt


E:  today it is personal training

Summary:
two healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
six and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment