Sunday 18 September 2022

Sunday, 18-09-22

Morning, everyone.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast.
Not these actual fruit, just posed afterwards because I forgot to take my camera.  
An apple, a blood orange and an easy peeler

When I got home, I had a café au lait.
Lunch.
Oh, my goodness.  Just two onion and rosemary sausages, half a can of beans, a squidge of tomato puree, a slice (crust) of wholemeal and some grated cheese.  Oh, and a bit of spray oil to crisp up the bread.
It was so satisfying in a very simple way.

I'm going to call the bread a whole B because it was quite a thick crust and must have been equivalent to two ordinary slices.

I had the planned apple later on in the afternoon.
Dinner
This really worked quite nicely.  It made a whopping big helping or it would have been two pretty small portions - I went for the former so eight syns and it was lovely.  I haven't had any kind of pie for quite a while really.

Even though I was pretty full, I had dessert because I've been fancying this for days - a sliced banana with a banana and custard Mullerlight on top.  Very nice too.

Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
I'm not feeling particularly hungry and lunch will be a biggie so I thought I'd stay light with some fruit and some 2% Greek yogurt
SW:  the fruit is speed and free and the yogurt is half a syn

L:  roast beef, boulangere potatoes, carrots, broccoli, sprouts, gravy; fruit salad and yogurt
Beef is the roast choice this week and I thought I'd ring the changes with boulangere potatoes instead of roasties.
All you do is thinly slice potatoes, soften sliced onion and prepare some stock.  You layer the potatoes and onions, pour over stock and then bake - I will have the oven on for the beef but I want to see if it does well in the Ninja and can be reheated so I'll make it earlier.
For dessert, I and going to grab some odds and ends of fruit from the freezer and dollop on some 'custard yogurt' - 0% yogurt with sweetener and some vanilla which, to my mind, tastes quite like cold custard.
SW:  one syn for two tsps horseradish sauce.  The gravy is from the can of chunky steak I  used yesterday so is SW free.

D:  sliced beef rollups, salad; yogurt
As I will have leftovers, I though I would thinly spice some, spread some soft cheese (a healthy A kind) on a wrap, spread over the beef, some lettuce and some grated cheddar and roll it up, wrap it tightly in some cling film and just before eating, unwrap and cut into circles.  I might mix some horseradish with the cheese, or maybe some mustard as I had horseradish at lunchtime.
SW:  half an A for the Primula cheese and the other half for the grated cheese, one healthy extra B for the wrap and one syn for some mustard.  The yogurt is half a syn.

Exercise:  A Lindsey Youtube thingy

Summary:
one healthy extra A plus maybe another half for the treat coffees (café au lait)
one healthy extra B
three syns - I'm pleased with that for a nice sounding day's eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment