Sunday 11 September 2022

Sunday, 11-09-22

Good morning, everyone!

Yesterday's meals

Breakfast was just fruit - no photo.

Lunch
The bacon and egg muffin was so delicious and also extremely filling.

Later on, I had a pear.
Dinner
Campfire stew with macaroni and I added a bit of yogurt and some Italian hard cheese.
It was jolly tasty, I have to say, even though it looks a right dog's dinner.
No room for dessert!

Steps were just over 4,000 - not great but I've been watching telly all day.

Today's plans

B:  porridge, fruit and yogurt
I'll make a small portion of porridge with 20g oats because I find that if I add anything like fruit, sometimes it is just too much, too filling.
SW:  half a healthy extra B, half an A for milk and half a syn for a Mullerlight

L:  Sunday leftovers soup; fruit
The soup is what I froze earlier on this week.  If I have cooked the ham, I will shred a bit to add.  If not, I will cook and chop some bacon.  I also quite fancy adding some mixed beans to make it more substantial, more like a sloppy stew than a soup.
The soup is from the freezer
SW:  it should be free/speed

D:  roast gammon dinner; yogurt
I have a Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself gammon joint to cook and use.  I really think they are the nicest easily available gammon hams you can get - always flavoursome and always really lean with nothing to discard.  I usually just boil them  and then leave the joint in the cooking water as it cools down - it seems to make the meat very tender and it's what Mum always did.
I'll probably have it with some apple sauce (no, I refuse to syn the cooked apple but will syn any sugar I use in the sauce), roasties (it's not a roast dinner without roasties, is it?) and a selection of veg.  Nice and I'm looking forward to it already.
SW:  assuming I use sugar for the sauce, call it one syn (I won't use more than that), and half a syn for yogurt

E:  I might walk out into the country and see if the blackberries are nicer following the rain.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
two syns

No comments:

Post a Comment