Thursday 1 September 2022

Thursday, 01-10-22

  Good morning, everyone.
I made some sushi, it was easier than I thought and I've written more about it below.  I'm quite chuffed with myself though and I can see it becoming a regular item on my menu - now I need to work out some tasty fillings.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast
I got stuck in to making some sushi, nibbling the bits off the ends (rather than chucking them out), took some over to Beth because it made absolutely loads and then remembered I hadn't had breakfast.  I really wasn't hungry after the nibbles so I just had a selection of garden tomatoes and an apple and that filled me up nicely.

Lunch
Well, I had a go at making sushi and you know what - it really wasn't too bad.  I did two middles, one was cucumber, pepper and carrot and the other was ditto with smoked salmon trimmings.
I thought the just vegetable one was really bland but once it had soy sauce, picked ginger and wasabi (a tiny bit - it's VERY hot), it was really nice.  The smoked salmon ones were delicious.
I tried to do a 'flat' kind - not rolled - but it fell to bits as I tried to take the clingfilm off.  I still had it - no wastage there - and it tasted fine.

The recipe made absolutely LOADS, even though I halved it, so I took some over to Beth and we discussed how to make the middle tastier. I now have four portions, each with five pieces, all in the freezer as I am eating out for lunch today.  Some easy lunches in the next weeks.

As for syns - hardly any.
Wasabi is half a syn per level tsp and I only had a fraction of that amount - I didn't eat anything like what I put in my plate.  Sushi ginger is free, soy sauce is free, nori sheets are one syn per sheet and I get them in half sheets.  The rest is free or negligible, even the sugar in the sticky rice.
So, for safety's sake, one syn per portion.

I spent a couple of syns on smidgeon and tonic before dinner - very nice.

Dinner
The Simply Cook leftovers, Mexican pork one-pot, and it was really nice even though it doesn't look that colourful in the photo.
Dessert was a peach rather than a yogurt.

Yesterday's steps came to just over 6,000


I was doing so well with the freezer until I popped in three portions of sushi!   Ooops.



Today's plans:

B:  a selection of fruit
Having breakfast in between two social times so fruit feels just perfect.  I'll be having it earlier too.
SW:  speed, maybe free.

L:   eating out with a friend and I can't access the menu choices online so - I will just have to see when we get there.

D:   salmon, mixed veg, tomatoes
I love salmon and didn't have it yesterday after all because of the sushi.  I'll make the marinade as described yesterday
SW:  the marinade will be one syn

E:  a walk with my friend

Summary:
no planned healthy extras
one planned syn
but no idea what the day's total will be.  It's not been the easiest week for working with the SW plan but I am doing my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment