Friday 2 August 2024

Friday evening, 02-08-24 - Eat-Your-Syns-Friday

Good evening, everyone!

Half a pound off at group.  Was I a bit disappointed?  No, not really.  It was in the right direction and it happens.  I'd change nothing and won't be changing anything this coming week.

I was up so, so early this morning, I sat at my PC and worked out my menu for this coming week for something to do.  I've treated myself to a chicken to roast on Sunday so wanted some great sounding recipes to use up all the leftover meat.  It's not a huge chicken but even so . . .

One great place to find all sorts of lovely ideas is the wonderful BBC Good Food site.  I just searched 'ways to use up roast chicken' and a whole list of recipes came up in there which, added to what I already wanted to make, means that I will probably have more meals than chicken to use up but that's OK, I have chicken in the freezer, if needed.

So next week's plan has lovely sounding things like:
chicken pate with melba toast
chicken  penne arrabbiata
chicken couscous
chicken caesar salad
honey mustard chicken pasta
not to mention the ordinary chicken salad!
Lovely jubbly
What I ate today:

Fruit on a plate for breakfast and, as always, it was lovely.
Syn free















Not the best photo in the world but this was so good.
Waffle batter made with 20g wholemeal SR flour, one medium egg, one level tbsp peanut butter powder, a small very ripe mashed banana and a splash of water.
The pineapple is a slice of fresh and the bacon was very lean and one tbsp maple syrup was plenty.
Half a healthy extra B for the wholemeal flour, one and a half syns for peanut butter powder, two syns for maple syrup.  

I was full!!

Later on I wasn't full and had an apple and some cheese that cost one A and one syn
And, finally, this was a really lovely dinner.  The cornflake chicken was delicious - going to do that again -  and it filled me up nicely.
So - three syns for cornflakes as they don't count as a B, two syns for oil to air fry the chips (so much nicer than using spray oil) and two syns for some light salad cream for dunking the chips.

Summary of Eat-Your-Syns-Friday is:
one healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
eleven and a half syns - but I don't want anything else so it will have to stay like that.

edit Sat morning:  ended up having some cornflakes to crunch after posting this - no milk or anything, just cornflakes, which made up to my fifteen syns with the help of some simple maths.  Yay!!

My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  fruit - of course

L: smoked salmon and pickled cucumber salad, fruit 
A recipe from the SW site

D:  baked feta pasta, side salad; fruit
Another from the site but it's everywhere.

Exercise:  SET class online


No comments:

Post a Comment