Sunday 11 August 2024

Sunday evening, 11-08-24

Good evening, everyone!

What I ate today

The usual fruit for breakfast - strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and a kiwi with some raspberry flavoured yogurt on top.  Yum.
Syn free.

Look at this plateful!!
I was planning to have some roasted sweet potato as well but I wanted the veg and anything else would have been too much.  I roasted the gammon joint in Nellie and there's plenty left for this week's meals.  Win win!
I made a sauce too, starting with this recipe.
I used chilli flakes but added too many and it was really hot plus the conion didn't soften so I opened a can of chopped tomatoes, added the lot, simmered it briefly, blended it smooth and then pushed it through a sieve and the result was a spicy but very flavoursome sauce/gravy that worked really well on both the ham and the veg
Even better, there's plenty left over for a pasta arrabbiata, a hunter's chicken . . . whatever.
I saved the fruit (a nectarine) for later in the afternoon.
Syn free, believe it or not.  The sauce does have a bit of sugar but not enough to need to count for each single portion as I added half a tsp for the whole lot.

I know it has been a very hot day but this was just perfect after working in the garden.
I used pumpernickel bread, toasted, with thin slices of the roast gammon laid over and then covered in beans with some brown sauce mixed in.  So very tasty.  The bowl is simply mushrooms and tomatoes, plain and simple.
Dessert was an apple.
One healthy extra B and one syn for the sauce.

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one syn


My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  fruit

L:  cheesy beany lentil wrap with ham and a side salad, fruit
The beans are leftovers from above and I have just one lentil wrap in the freezer - perfick!

D:  gammon pasta arrabbiata, runner beans on the side; fruit

Exercise:  circuits and an online groove class 

No comments:

Post a Comment