Friday 9 August 2024

Friday evening, 09-08-24 - Eat-Your-Syns-Friday

Good evening, everyone!
One pound off at group today.  This last bit is painfully slow, isn't it?  But a pound is a pound, I have one more week of my six week countdown left so maybe it's perfect timing.

I felt very honoured to be nominated for Woman of the Year in group.  I didn't get it and nor should I have (I've more than had my turn in past years) but how nice was that?

So now I am going to plan my next week's meals aiming to get that pound off - it is so helpful to just be cooking for me and no-one else.  It means I can have what I love and nothing else.

What I ate today

The pineapple was absolutely gorgeous but, sadly, I had left it too long and couldn't use half of it.  Lesson learned but it is hard to tell in this weather.
So breakfast was pineapple, strawberries, grapes and a nectarine.
Syn free.

Lunch was great.  A tasty h m tomato soup and the toastie contained chutney, bacon, and cheese.

I think my eyes were too big for my tum - I couldn't manage all the soup so what's left is now in the freezer to use as a sauce at some point.  I saved the fruit (watermelon) for later.
One and a half healthy extra As, one healthy extra B, two syns for chutney, two syns for pumpkin seeds in the salad and half a syn for some fat free dressing.
Well, it is Eat-Your-Syns-Friday!

When I had the watermelon, I also had 30gs of cheese.  That's the other half A and three syns.

I love a steak and chips dinner and this was no exception.  I decided what I really, really wanted on the steak was not a sauce, it was some chutney so that's what I had.  The chips were airfried in half a tbsp toasted sesame oil and the salad was leftovers from lunch so the dressing and the pumpkin seeds had already been counted.
Dessert was some froyo and if I were a Good SW Girl I would syn the blended frozen fruit - but I'm not and I don't!
So it was three syns for the oil and one and a half for the chutney.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
twelve syns - that's OK!
My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  fruit

L: fish finger salad sandwich, side salad; fruit

D:  cheesy jacket potato with bacon and mushrooms, side salad; fruit

Exercise:  SET class online and a walk with some SW friends

No comments:

Post a Comment