Thursday 1 August 2024

Thursday evening, 01-08-24

Good evening, everyone!
Weigh in first thing tomorrow and I am absolutely sure I won't quite be back in my happy range this week.  It always was a big ask and, while it is good to aim high, it's important to be realistic and celebrate whatever achievement there is.

And, anyway, it'll be Eat-Your-Syns-Friday again.  Woo Hoo!

What I ate today

This was so good this morning.  Blackberries, strawberries,  nectarine and a kiwi with a dollop of Greek yogurt.  Perfect for a summer breakfast.
Syn free
Well, in a way this was a fail in that lentil wraps definitely don't go toasty and crunchy.  However, big however, they are delicious.
I layered ham (I found some lovely lean ham trimmings in Aldi today), chutney, cheese, ham between two little wraps and used my Lekue microwave toastie.  Very good.
The tomatoes were still on the plants ten minutes before I took the photo and were gorgeous, and the cucumber was from the garden too.
I had some strawberries for dessert.
One healthy extra A for cheese and one and a half syns for chutney.  The wraps were SW free.

And then dinner was a really nice chicken salad.  I cooked half a chicken breast fillet and cut into chunks.  To it, I added one ring of fresh pineapple, cut into chunks, some sliced celery and one and a half tsp pumpkin seeds plus some super light mayo.  The backing salad was just simple salad veg dressed with a splash of my lemon vinegar which I have strained now and it's really lovely.
As it was such a hot afternoon, I made some cherry yogurt ice for a dessert.  Lower in calories than bought ice and syn free (I don't syn blended fruit).
One and a half syns for seeds and the same for super light mayo.

Such a delicious day's eating today!

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra Bs
four and a half syns

My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  fruit

L:   waffles (might use the banana and peanut butter mix, just to see if it will work in the waffle iron), bacon, maple syrup, tomatoes on the side; fruit
Bit naughty but it sounds nice, a bit sort of vaguely USA and I love bacon with maple syrup anyway!

D:  cornflake chicken escalope, chips, salad; fruit
Really looking forward to this.  I've heard good things about using cornflakes to coat chicken and it's easy too.  

Exercise:  rest day

No comments:

Post a Comment