Friday 16 August 2024

Friday evening, 16-08-24: Eat-Your-Syns-Friday!

Good evening, everyone!
Did I - didn't I?

I didn't - I maintained which was pretty disappointing and quite frustrating but it didn't take me long to get over it!  
So, looking forward to getting back into my Happy Zone NEXT Friday instead.

This week, I am going to plan in some of my favourite SW-friendly dinners.

What I ate today

My usual fruit for breakfast - strawberries, raspberries, grapes and a plum.
And then I popped some corn and that was four and a half syns.

My friend, Diane, and I went to Freeport Village, a shopping 'village' in Braintree and we went into The Real Greek to have a light lunch.
I've copied and pasted what we both had from their web site - a chicken kebab with a Greek slaw.  It was a very light meal, low in calories, but filling because there was plenty of chicken.
(Didn't have any chips, by the way; they just happen to be on the photo.)
I'm sure it does have SW syns but because it said it was just under 300 calories I am not going to count them - it was a meal, not an extra and, considering calories)  lower than what I would usually have.  Also, there's no way of knowing because it doesn't show on the SW site.
I had a diet coke and a black coffee.
So - no syns counted.

Later on I had a few grapes.

I really enjoyed this.
When I looked in the freezer, I just had the choice between some smoked fish and some sea bass so I went for the latter.    Maybe I will add cod and haddock to next month's shopping list.
Anyway, I egged and breadcrumbed after removing the skin and it was very delicious.  I added some h m salt and pepper slice to the chips, air fried them with a tsp toasted sesame oil and knocked together a simple salad with some pumpkin seeds.

Dessert was frozen banana blended with vanilla, a bit of sweetener and some 0% Greek yogurt, put back in the freezer to harden a bit.
I thought 'what goes well with banana?' and used some peanut butter powder with water and a bit more sweetener to make a rather delicious sauce that went deliciously with the banana froyo.
I didn't take a photo sadly.
Now for the values.
Half a healthy extra A for some grated Italian cheese with the breadcrumbs and seasoning, half a healthy extra B for breadcrumbs and the other half for the pumpkin seeds.  One and a half syns for the peanut butter powder, two syns for the oil.  I don't syn blended fruit.

Summary:
half a healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
eight official syns but I am sure one could make an argument for counting more, what with the things I don't syn and the lunch so, although I haven't eaten all my syns according to my reckoning, I am not stressing about it.
My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  fruit

L:  (edited)  waffles with fruit and yogurt, possibly followed by a simple salad

D:  chicken pasta bake, runner beans; fruit

Exercise:  SET class online and a walk with some SW friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment