Saturday 10 August 2024

Saturday evening, 10-08-24

Good evening, everyone!

What I ate today

I had this fruit after a nice walk around Writtle with friends.  It was very welcome indeed!!
Syn free

I decided to have a fish finger bagel instead of a sandwich and it was lovely - I do like these bagel thins.  Yes, it's upside down - I slightly over-toasted the top!!
Afters was a peach.
The fish fingers were two syns each so six syns and the mayo was one syn.

Later on, I had some grapes.


I don't have jacket potatoes very often - not sure why because they are very easy, very nice and feel 'right' for a summer evening.

What I did was I cooked the jacket potato and some chopped bacon and sliced mushrooms.  I halved the potato and pressed a cheese triangle into each half before covering them with the cooked bacon and mushroom.  I then gave it half a minute in the microwave just to warm up the cheese triangles before sprinkling over grated cheddar and finishing it off with salad cream  (I love salad cream with potato - don't hate me!!).
Two healthy extra As - half for triangles and one and a half for grated cheddar (some of which I nibbled beforehand - ooops), one syn for salad cream.
I had some leeches for dessert - I LOVE lychees and they're not available very often.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eight syns - a bit higher than usual because of the fish fingers.  I could make my own and use cornflake crumb for fewer syns but I have fish fingers to use up in the freezer so why not, eh?

Such a delicious day's eating today.
My meal plans for tomorrow:

B: fruit

L: beans on toast with tomatoes and mushrooms

D:  roast gammon, roasted sweet potato, runner and dwarf beans, carrots; fruit
Time for a Sunday roast and I have remembered to get it out of the freezer!
(might swap lunch and dinner round)

Exercise:  rest day

No comments:

Post a Comment