Thursday 8 March 2018

Recipe: chicken tikka

This is very, very simple, not in the least 'authentic', one of the few actual recipes on the liver shrinking diet sheet I was given.  I made it yesterday and it was tasty, so here it is.


Ingredients
100g chicken in bite sized pieces
40mls natural yogurt
10mls tikka spice mix (or tandoori spice - which is what I used because I didn't have tikka spice mix)

Method
Mix the yogurt and spice together.  Add the chicken, mix well, cover and leave to marinate.  I left it all day.

Preheat oven to 180C
Place on parchment on a baking sheet.  Place the chicken pieces on the parchment and spray with a little oil.   Bake for about 10 to 15 mins, until cooked through and starting to char.

Eat hot or cold on a bed of shredded lettuce with lemon juice and rice (and mango chutney).  For dinner I'd have it like that.  For lunch I'd skip the rice and have extra chicken.  The yogurt and spice would still be plenty.

No photo - I forgot, sorry!

The chicken isn't particularly frugal but neither is it overly expansive.  You could use boneless thigh meat instead, I should think; it still cooks very tender.  

5 comments:

  1. Think I’m going to do this one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was really delicious. I hope you do too. So, so simple.
      J x

      Delete
    2. I think it'd be nice in a wrap or in pitta bread too, if you wanted carbs.
      J x

      Delete
  2. Evening Joy

    I'm going to try this over the weekend. Shopping tomorrow, and have added the yoghurt & spice to list. I eat quite a bit of chicken and this will liven my menu up - especially with summer coming (please-oh-please!) and plenty of salads. I'm 'new' to using spices (not sure what to put with what) and have avoided them (don't want to waste the food).

    Enjoying your 'diary' of menus. It's a good way to keep the incentive going.

    Have a good evening.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. For me, it's a sort of accountability and it really has helped a lot.
      Hope you enjoy the chicken.
      J x

      Delete