Friday 16 March 2018

Friday, 16-3-18

Good morning.

Another 3lbs off this week - three cheers.

Today's plans:
B:  porridge and natural yogurt
L:  chicken salad
D:  Jackburger, salad and SW chips; fruit yogurt
Ss:  apples

From the freezer
I have a few frozen (home made) chips so I will use them up this evening.  Apart from that, nothing else. 

The frugal factor
Porridge, of course, and I have started making my own yogurt again which makes it under 50p for half a litre: cheaper than Morrisons Savers and many times nicer!
I opened a Savers can of kidney beans yesterday evening, an old can that cost 24p, so they will make the beanburgers very frugal.  I usually make a sort of Jack Monroe type burger that  we call 'Jackburgers'.

Here's the original recipe:
https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2015/01/31/carrot-cumin-kidney-bean-burger-9p/
I have neither fresh parsley nor coriander but I do have a bit of spinach so might use that instead and I might also add a bit of cottage cheese that needs using up too..

4 comments:

  1. Well done on the weight loss, you're doing really good! (better than us). I've never yet tried making Jack's burgers....I expect I'll get round to it sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very nice, Sooze, and so simple to make too.
      And thank you. :-)

      Delete
  2. Brilliant weight loss again, well done. Are you starting to feel lighter in yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so, thanks, Sue. It's only a pound off three stone since the beginning of November. :-)
      J x

      Delete