Sunday 4 March 2018

Sunday, 4-03-18

Good morning!

Today's plans:
B:  muesli with milk, natural yogurt and a bit of stevia
L:  baked eggs, small salad
D:  sardine, chili and lemon pasta, salad, fruit yogurt

The sardine pasta is this recipe.  I have a rather wizened lemon which I will attempt to rehydrate in water before grating the zest and I have lemon juice if the inside fails me.  I don't have pine nuts bit I do have sunflower seeds which I think are nicer!  And I have some garden grown chillis in the freezer.

For the baked eggs, I will use two large mushrooms which I bought yesterday, a few chopped sungold tomatoes from last year's crop and on the eggs I shall sprinkle half a portion of the low fat cheese which I am now getting used to.  Should be tasty!

From the freezer:
Tomatoes, one red chilli, low fat cheese

The frugal factor:
The muesli is a gift.
Sardines are a cheaper source or protein, as are eggs.
The pasta is some value spaghetti which is absolutely fine.

It's not a cheap day but neither is it an expensive day - it should come out at under £2.00.


No comments:

Post a Comment