Wednesday 14 March 2018

Recipe: cheesy tuna on toast

Ever so tasty!



Ingredients for one
100g drained tuna
30g finely sliced cheddar (I used low fat)
10mls mayo (I used supa-lite!)
5 mls Dijon mustard
pinch sea salt
grinding of pepper
2 small slices bread

Method.
Under a grill, toast one side of the bread very lightly and the other side as you would normally have it.
(If you're not on a rigid food regime, you could butter the lightly toasted side.  I didn't!)
Mix the tuna, 15g cheese, the mayo, mustard and seasoning together.  Spread it on the lightly toasted side of the two slices (I used my fingers as it kept sticking to the spoon and knife).
Sprinkle over the rest of the cheese.
Pop under the grill until the cheese starts to brown.

Eat while piping hot.




4 comments:

  1. You give me lots of great ideas for lunches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THat's great, glad to be useful. :-)
      J x

      Delete
  2. That sounds and looks nice. Although Alan has just had mackerel and fried eggs for breakfast so maybe we won't have it today 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be a bit too much fish, I agree. I hope you both like it when you do try it.
      J x

      Delete