Sunday 11 March 2018

Sunday. 11-3-18

Good morning.
Yesterday I broke my freezer vow.  I was shopping in Tesco for Mum and Dad and they have 'large' chickens for half price.  So I bought two, that being the maximum I was allowed.  They're in the freezer now but next week I shall cook them, etc, and re-freeze in stock and in single portions.  Such a useful thing to have to hand.
The freezer will just have to put up with it!

Today's food:
B:  muesli with natural yogurt and a bit of stevia
L:  ham and cottage cheese salad (how delightful!)
D:  pork casserole, sprouts, either orzo or mash, then a fruit yogurt.
Ss:  apple and orange

From the freezer:
Just the pork for the casserole

The frugal factor:
I'm not paying < smug grin >

4 comments:

  1. I think there should always be room for flexibility and the breaking of your vow was to save money. You'll get a lot of meals out of two large chickens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is it and I have no regrets whatsoever. Even better that more than half the shopping was for my parents and Dad's paid me back the whole lot, not just their shopping and won't listen to my protests (does he ever, he's so generous). That means they are effectively free (to me).
      J x

      Delete
  2. I would have done the same, you can't leave a versatile bargain like that behind.

    ReplyDelete