Wednesday 28 March 2018

Recipe: non packet stuffing

When I make stuffing, generally I have a packet in and I just jazz it up with some chopped ham or bacon and some extra herbs.  I was at my parents and they didn't have any in.
So I made this - and it was so simple and so scrummy I'm sharing it as a separate post so I can find it again easily.

Ingredients - amounts are to own taste and how much you want really.
some nice sausage meat (or you could strip the skin off a sausage or two)
fresh breadcrumbs (I zizzed some up from frozen - dead easy)
some finely chopped onion, softened in butter
a bit of garlic puree
some salt and pepper
dried mixed herbs (or herbs of choice)

Method
Bung everything in a bowl and squidge it all together - I used my hands, it was much the easiest way.

Press the resulting 'stuff' into an oven proof dish.  I sprayed it over with spray oil.
Bake at about 180-ish for half an hour or more, depending on how much you have.  It goes nice and brown on the top.

There's loads of variations.
You could vary the herbs/spices used.  You could add some chopped nuts.  You could add some dried fruit; cranberries would be nice.  You could vary the type of sausage meat.  You could wrap it in bacon like pigs in blankets.  I'm sure you could think of more.

No comments:

Post a Comment