Monday 24 June 2019

Monday, 24-06-19

Morning, everyone.

Breakfast worked out really well; very delicious and healthy too!














This is what I used to make the soup - the snapped off stems, one onion and some bits and bobs of salad left over from yesterday, plus some butterbeans from the freezer (used because I know they impart a lovely, silky, creamy texture to soup).
It made two good portions, one for lunch today and one for the freezer.  Maybe the asparagus wasn't so extravagant after all.







Lunch - the last egg wrap with a cheese, ham and mayo filling.













Dinner: steak and roasted veg pitta - absolutely gorgeous!









As was the 'sort of trifle'.  Terrible photo, sorry.























Today's plans:
B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  free

L:  asparagus soup, fruit
As above
SW:  free unless I have something to dunk which will be my healthy extra B

D:  hunter's chicken with assorted veg
Easy peasy and delicious.
I've taken to steaming a lot of my veg.  It's good because it only uses one ring and, now I am used to little or no salt, I think the veg taste better steamed as well.
SW:  two healthy extra As for a nice cheese hit.

Ss:  fruit and sparkly water

Body Magic:  a walk.



2 comments:

  1. I've been steaming veg for 43 years! My mother-in-law bought me a steamer when I got married. Nowadays I use an electric one which has three compartments. It's brilliant and ia a really healthy way of cooking veg as more of the nutrients are retained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nutrients as well as flavour. Great, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete