Tuesday 18 June 2019

Tuesday, 18-06-19

Good morning.
I'm back home now and raring to go again after one of the worst weekends, SW-wise, I have had in a long while as I said yesterday.  It wasn't half delicious though!

Yesterday's dinner was nice.  I bashed out a chicken breast, dusted it in a Moroccan spice mix I made a while ago.  I found the recipe online just by googling.
I made a tomato/veg sauce by slowly spray frying some onion, red and yellow pepper and mushrooms untoil soft before adding chopped tomatoes, garlic, a bit of chilli, seasonings and tomato puree.
I spray fried the bashed out chicken, then popped it in an oven dish, covered it with the tomato mixture and topped it with grated cheese before baking it at 170C for around half an hour.  Very tasty!

I now have a straight run of four weeks before my next weekend with Dad.  That's three weeks at home and one on holiday (which is self catering so it shouldn't be an issue).  In a fortnight, I am going to a friend for the weekend but that won't be anything like having a free access to Dad's loaded larder!

So - off I go.  Totally determined and ready for action.
Having said that, for the first time ever, I can't make SW this week.  It is just one of those things but never mind, it won't stop the momentum and I will monitor things on my own scales.

Today's plans
B:  fruit and yogurt
I have a load of home picked strawberries that HAVE to be eaten (how tragic!) and plenty of gorgeous yogurt so that's breakfast sorted very deliciously and frugally.  Strawberries are great to grow.  Once you have one or two plants, you never need buy any more as they are extremely generous in giving you thousands of baby plants after fruiting each year.  All they require in return is a bit of feeding now and again and some slow release granules do the trick nicely plus a bit of liquid tomato feed while fruiting.  The height of frugality!
SW:  free

L:   Tomato soup, roll and soft cheese; fruit
I got the tomato soup out yesterday but never had it so today I must.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for two triangles of light soft cheese and one B for the roll itself

D:  turkey tomato pasta bake, carrot, kale; frozen fruit yogurt
I have some of the tomato sauce left over from yesterday and I have some little pots of cooked turkey left over from last Christmas so . . . put them together, mix with cooked wholewheat pasta, top with cheese and lo and behold, a pasta bake.  I can even make it this morning, when I have the energy, and finish it off with 30 minutes in the oven at dinner time.  Works for me!
I have carrots and kale in the fridge so that's what I will have to go with it.
SW:  one and a half syns for 45g grated cheddar.  Also, if I were being totally SW, I'd have to syn the frozen fruit I will use for the dessert just because it gets zizzed but I've already given my opinion on that particular little quirk so won't be synning it, so there!  :-)

Ss:  strawberries, sparkly water

Body magic:  not much because of an ouchy back but I'll try to move 'energetically' as much as I can.

And now I am off to plan meals for three weeks plus a holiday!
I see no reason to change what I do while I'm away on holiday in Southwold.  I enjoy what I eat and will have total control so, at the moment, I plan to stroll down to a local butcher close to where I am staying each morning and choose something for the evening meal plus, maybe, some cold meat for  a packed lunch.
I should get plenty of exercise as there's loads to visit, see and do within walking distance, weather permitting.
So here's hoping that the next four weeks are fantastic!

4 comments:

  1. Your 'so there' comments about SW quirks make me smile. My consultant always points them out in group but says if your losing weight then ok, but if you're not then change what you're doing. I agree with you. I've had a lovely un-SW few days and meals this week celebrating my birthday. I hope in between the celebrations I've been good enough to lose the pound I put on last week. Good luck for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most consulants take a flexible view really - I know Jennifer is the same in that she says what the rule is but adds exactly the same thing. In a way, it's a hard rule to defend anyway.
      Happy birthday to you and good luck with getting that pound off again.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Joy. It's weigh in tonight so after yesterday's lunch out treat from friends, which I tried to work out syns roughly I've been good today. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and banana topped with 0% natural yogurt and cinnamon for breakfast; lunch fat free cottage cheese with chives, lots of onions and tomatoes, cucumber, 1 syn for dressing and 8 for half an avocado for lunch. Followed by a nectarines. All yummy and hopefully not too heavy! I think you know what I mean x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean and I hope it really helped. It all sounds absolutely delicious!

      Delete