Sunday 23 June 2019

Sunday, 23-06-19

Good morning!

Breakfast wraps are definitely on the list of things to make again . . .
Two eggs, a splash of milk and a bit of quark plus seasoning actually made three 'wraps' and it would have been four if I hadn't poured too much in to make the first one, because there was just not quite enough to make the fourth.
OK, thought I, that third one will do for tomorrow (see below).

However, they are more filling than they appear to be and I could only manage one comfortably so I wrapped the other up so it held its shape and had it for lunch instead of ham and cheg, with melted cheese on top and a salad on the side.

Now that's what I call frugal!

Needless to say, it was tasty and will be even more tasty when the rather watery tomatoes I used are replaced with my own garden grown and freshly picked ones.  I can't wait.


This was lunch.  It was lovely.   I just reheated the breakfast wrap in the microwave for about half a minute, carefully lifted it into a sprayed oven dish, sprinkled some grated cheese over and popped it in a 170C oven for about fifteen to twenty minutes.















Dinner was more ordinary but still very tasty with lots of speed veg.
















Today's meals:
B:  boiled eggs with asparagus dippers.
OK, asparagus is not frugal but I'd heard this was nice, Aldi had some and I will be using the snapped off stem bits to make a soup tomorrow, so that does make it a bit better.  I'm not sure how many the soup will serve but I do hope it is more than one.
I will steam the asparagus tips.
SW:  free

L:  egg wrap and salad; fresh fruit
OK, so I had an egg wrap (basically just a thin omelette, like a crepe) left over from yesterday.
I will mix some finely chopped ham with some mayo and 30g grated cheese, spread it over the wrap and roll it up.  Simple.  The salad will be lots of crunchy things like radish, cauliflower, carrot, cucumber and pepper with some shredded lettuce.
(it was originally going to be a slice of frittata but I think the wrap will be just as nice and easier too)
SW:  one healthy extra A and one or two syns for mayo

D:  steak sarnie with assorted roasted veg; sort of trifle
Actually, I will probably use a pitta and one of those sizzle steaks I told you about yesterday.  Open the pitta, lay over the cooked steak and a bit of the leftover peppercorn sauce from Friday which I have frozen in little pots, then pile over the roasted veg, close the pitta and eat it very carefully (and, probably, very messily).
The trifle will be some fresh fruit in a sugar free jelly and the topping will be some of my natural yogurt with some stevia and some vanilla paste stirred in to make it taste custardy.  and a bit more fruit on the top or perhaps a little drizzle of Monin caramel syrup (or both!)
SW:  one healthy extra B for the pitta and about half a syn for the dessert as the fruit will be free, as will the topping and sugar free jelly is one and a half syns for the lot.  I ought to have it more often really.






2 comments:

  1. I've never done a breakfast wrap but I've heard people talk about them in group. Yours looks so good that I will be trying one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are worth it, definitely, and very, very easy.
      xx

      Delete