Thursday 6 June 2019

Thursday, 06-06-19

Good morning.
Sorry, no meal photos from yesterday
So here's a photo of my non-speed peas, fresh picked and podded for dinner tonight, just to provide a bit of colour.

However, I have posted the tomato soup recipe in a separate post - Chrissie, this is for you!

 I was being so busy working on positivity, I forgot to take any photos!!!  You know - trying to develop a potitive mind set while knowing weigh in was going to be pretty ouch.

I was right, it was ouch.  Two and a half pounds on - eeeeek.
BUT
1.  I know why (that always helps)
2.  I know what to do
3.  It was a jolly, chatty meeting with lots of laughs which is always cheering
4.  Jennifer was very understanding and didn't push to see my menu.  She knows I plan and that I know what I'm doing.
4.  I won the raffle.
I seem to be winning raffles quite a lot at the moment.  I won a prize last Saturday evening as well.  This one was a good prize.  On the SW site this week it focuses on recipes for pasta and the prize was all the ingredients needed to make tuna penne:  a bag of pasta, two onions, one courgette, a pot of dried mixed herbs, a tube of tomato puree, two cans chopped tomatoes, one can sweetcorn, two little cans tuna and a bunch of spring onions.
How's that for a prize, eh?  All foods I will use (except for maybe the pasta which I will give to Beth because I'm trying to go wholegrain with rice and pasta) and the gaps in my cupboard are now filled again.
5.  I got the new SP Sensations recipe book because I have taken out a twelve week 'Countdown' and it was a freebie.

So , , , I know what to do and it's a new week!  Move on!

Today's plans:
B:  fresh fruit and h.m. vanilla yogurt
The fruit is strawberries (from garden plus a few bought yesterday), blueberries and easy peeler segments while the yogurt is just 0% natural yogurt with some vanilla essence and a bit of stevia
SW: free

L:  out with a friend
Not a great start to the new week but this is Real Life and I have no time for any sort of plan that cuts one off from the usual ups and downs of daily life.  The place we're going to doesn't have their menu online so I will see when we get there.  Wouldn't it be great if someone opened a Slimming World friendly eating place nearby?
SW:  not known

D:  pork escalope with mushroom sauce, peas and broccoli; frozen cherry yogurt
OK, so the peas aren't actually speed food but my little pot of peas in the garden has some to pick - the first picking - and I'm not wasting them, no way!
I will have half oats and half bread to make the flour and the breadcrumbs for the escalope (a pork steak, all fat removed and hammered out thin) and will use some dailylea for the mushroom sauce
The frozen yogurt is easy.  Some frozen cherries, a dollop of natural yogurt and some stevia in a mini-zizzed.  As it whizzes round, the frozen fruit freezes the yogurt and you end up with a soft yogurt ice.  It's really nice!
SW:  one healthy extra B for the oats and wholemeal bread, one healthy extra A for the mushroom sauce and . . .
. . . well, this next is a bone of contention!
In the handbook it says:
"Pureed and cooked fruit loses it's filling power and becomes very easy to over-consume - keep count of the syns or swap to something free"
I kind of see what they mean.  It's dead easy to load a smoothie with mountains of fruit. for example.
However, fruit - most fruit - is free and much is speed.  One of the main foci of SW is that you can have as much as you want of free food.  But that aside, when I make a dish, I measure out amounts as it's just for me anyway.  There's no risk of 'over-consuming' and, in the case of what I'm having for dessert, I'd probably eat more if the fruit was fresh and loose.
So I don't care what SW says, I'm not synning the little bit of pureed frozen fruit I have on my dessert.  So there!   :-)
(but I needed to say that as I don't want to mislead and I know people do read this daily and get ideas for meals, etc)

Another long entry today - sorry!

6 comments:

  1. That's a really interesting recipe, I may have to try it - especially if the weather stays cool 😊.
    I think your reasoning re: measured pureed fruit sounds completely reasonable. I don't see why it being less filling matters if you're prepared to not compensate by adding more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's worth a go, it's very simple and, I think, really nice. And thank you!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Good morning, Joy, we seem to have the same attitude to SW and our journeys. I completely agree about eating out with friends and family and usually it's one meal out of 21 in a week so we can enjoy it then get straight back on plan. I used to be one of those people who would think well I've blown it now and that was usually that but SW has really helped me be positive on that front. And, yes, I agree about a small amount of cooked fruit. Enjoy your day and planned meals and hope your next weigh in shows what you want x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lyn. I think a lot of people make what I call 'sensible' adaptations. It amuses me how SW has lots of little extras to get around the 'you can eat as much as you want of . . .' when we know darn well we can't necessarily do any such thing! Despite this, it's a great system and works well for me so I can live with the other little bits!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Here's sending a big wish for a good week. Mine's not going so well at the moment. BUT tomorrow is another day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eloise. I'm sorry your's isn't great right now but you're totally correct, there's always another day and there always will be. Good luck!
      xx

      Delete