Saturday 8 June 2019

Saturday, 08-06-19

Good morning!
I enjoyed yesterday's food very much.
Breakfast was my favourite home made waffles.  This time, I followed the recipe exactly, using almond essence instead of my usual vanilla and they were really very nice indeed.  Combined with strawberries fresh picked from the garden and home made yogurt, it felt like a feast fit for a queen!  Frugal as well.  Win-win.






Lunch was tomato soup and in the evening I had tuna pasta, using the things I won in the raffle on Wednesday.  It was a typical pasta dish - cook the pasta, soften the veg, add the meat (if using), add chopped tomato, cook, season and combine!
I changed it a bit, adding a bit of bacon that needed using up, extra veg (red pepper and mushroom) and extra seasonings in the form of a squidge of garlic and a spoonful of veg stock powder.  Also extra was the grated cheese on the top.
It was very, very tasty and I'm glad I have more for today.




Today's food.
B:  cooked breakfast, melon
I'm having the usual - bacon, egg, mushroom and tomato and spending a few syns on a toasted potato waffle.  The melon is a weekend treat.
SW:  two syns for the Morrison's potato waffle.

L:  tuna pasta bake, apple
Using yesterday's leftovers, adding grated cheese and heating up in the oven.
SW:  one healthy extra A for 30g grated cheddar

D:  bacon burger with bbq relish, SW chips and a salad, cherry frozen yogurt
The burger and relish is a recipe from Lifeline Online (the SW site) whch a friend posted about on out local SW Facebook group, saying it was really nice.  It's an SP friendly recipe (without the chips, obviously) so I bought a pack of mince and will make five burgers, freezing four of them for SP days.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wholemeal roll and perhaps two syns for some mayo.  I won't be synning the fruit for the dessert, although it will be blended!

Ss:  strawberries, sparkly water

Body Magic.  Not sure - it doesn't look as if the weather will be all that great and I might just go for running/jogging indoors as I go from room to room and up and down stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment