Thursday 13 June 2019

Thursday, 13-06-19

Morning!
First of all, the good news - two pounds off.  Happy!

Yesterday evening, after group, I had the Jackburger defrosted so I quickly fried that in spray oil, then popped it in a little single quiche dish , spread over the last of my onion and tomato relish that I made last weekend (must make some more, it's been so useful) and then topped it with 30g grated cheddar and into the oven for about twenty minutes and it was lovely.  Obviously not a huge portion and a salad would have worked well with it, or chips and cooked veg, but it was enough given that I'd spent some syns of some hi=fi bars and had dessert of strawberries and natural yogurt all ready so I didn't want more.
It really did zip up a beanburger that is already pretty tasty anyway.

Today's meals.
B:  a cooked breakfast of home made baked beans, egg, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes.
I'm using the last of the YS bacon that I had in the freezer so need to look out for some more.
Home made means simply getting a handful of haricot beans from thye freezer and mixing up a sauce from chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic and onion granules, a bit of Lea and Perrins and a bit of soy saucw with a pinch of stevia, should it be a bit 'bitter'. 
SW free and SP friendly

L:  ham salad, apple
Morrisons had some lovely lean ham on the deli counter so I bought two slices and will have them with a salad.
SW:  just one syn if I have mayo (I may or I may not, it depends how I feel) and it's SP friendly

D:  fish in breadcrumbs, cheesy sweet potato fries and garden peas.
I will make the flour by zizzing 20g oats and the breadcrumbs by zizzing one slice of wholemeal bread.  I have fish (pollack, I think) in the freezer and the peas will be a picking from my little pot of peas in the garden.  Quite a frugal meal and very tasty.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese and one B for the oats and breadcrumbs and this meal isn't SP friendly as the sweet potato and peas don't count as speed food.  I don't care - it's garden peas.  From the garden, picked, podded and cooked.  As fresh as you can get.  Lovely.
And I've just remembered - a few syns for the seafood sauce; five syns for two level tbsp and worth every penny!

Ss:  water, strawberries

Body magic:  I had planned a swim but I seem to have done my back a bit so I won't.  Hopefully, I can go tomorrow.  Perhaps a walk, weather permitting.


5 comments:

  1. I would love to have the recipe for your onion and tomato relish. It sounds just the thing to spice up some of my meals. I usually resort to mango chutney, which I make myself, but I have nearly run out of it and mangoes are pretty expensive at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post it as a separate post, Chris, although if you have access to Lifeline Online, it is there in the recipe section under Bacon Burger with Barbecue Relish
      xx

      Delete
  2. I make the 'Jackburgers' too. Sometimes I used cancelling beans instead of kidney beans. I'm not overly keen on cumin, so I use paprika. Well done on your 2lb loss. All I've lost is the plot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll return, Eloise. When I feel like that (and I often do), I go through some of my recipe books to find meals that I really love and then work out how I can optimise them (if needed). It seems to work most of the time!
      Jackburgers are very flexible and work with all sorts of spices and beans. A really useful base recipe.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Lol, I meant cannellini beans.....you probably guessed! Actually I've had a good SW day today. I wouldn't say that the plot is found, but feeling more positive than for the past couple of weeks. X

    ReplyDelete