Tuesday 11 June 2019

Tuesday, 11-06-19

Good morning.


I was pleased with lunch yesterday.
I had leftovers of the pork chilli and half a can of chopped tomatoes.
To the chopped tomatoes, I added garlic and onion granules, some Lea and Perrins and some soy sauce, then b;lended it and pushed it through a sieve.
I heated up ther chilli and rolled it in a wrap which I cut into three pieces, not the usual two.  I lay them in a sprayed oven dish of the right size, poured over some of the sauce, added some grated cheese and baked it in the oven at 170 for around 20 mins.
It was very tasty.

Dinner was nice too.  It was just a frittata with prawns, a bit of left over smoked salmon shreds, onion, mushroom, pepper, a bit of broccoli, some slices of courgette and some kale (because I didn't have spinach).  The eggy part was egg,( obviously), quark and grated cheddar, seasoned with some garlic puree, mustard powder, salt, pepper and some dried parsley.
Very tasty and very filling and I have half of it left for today!  I'll try and remember to take a photo.

Today's plans:
B:  breakfast bake
. . . which is remarkably similar to frittata and includes eggs, bacon, SW sausage, mushrooms, home made baked beans (haricot beans and some of the spicy tomato sauce I made t'other day) and some quark with seasonings.
SW:  free and SP friendly

L:  seafood frittata and coleslaw, orange
Yesterday's leftovers
SW:  SP friendly and one syn for coleslaw

D:  cheeseburger with salad, strawberries and yogurt
One of the cajun spiced burgers I made on Saturday with 30g grated cheese and salad leaves plus a nice mixed salad that might unclude some edamame beans as I am getting rather fond of them.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese and B for the roll plus one syn for some mayo.  SP friendly

Ss:  water

Body Magic.  Nothing organised but I will be running up and down stairs quite a lot through the day.

A bit of an unbalanced day today with lots of eggy things but I have stuff to use up and it all works out in the longer term.



4 comments:

  1. Morning Joy. I like the idea of your lunch yesterday. We love frittatas and have them often, having it warm with veg or wedges on the side for dinner, then the other half at room temperature with salad for lunch the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Just what I'm doing. They are flavoursome, aren't they, you can make them so different with what you add and they are healthy! Win-win-win!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wraps sound good. I make frittatas often as they are brilliant for using up odd bits and pieces. I even tipped the remains of a chopped salad, including leaves into one. It was fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the wrap cannelloni lunch thingy! And frittatas are a staple for when we have lots of bits to use up, aren't they. They're even nicer second day, I think.
      xx

      Delete