Saturday 22 June 2019

Saturday, 22-06-19

Good morning.  It's back on SP for me after a rather scary scales experience this morning.

Despite BBC weather telling me it was raining, I had breakfast out in the garden and it was lovely.
(they changed the forecast soon after).  Not having waffles very often has made them a real treat and it's hard to believe that apart from a healthy extra B, the rest of the ingredients are all free foods (not calorie free, mind you!).  I wondered if my waffle maker would be one of those back of the cupboard gadgets but it really isn't.
(here's the recipe for the waffles)

Dinner was equally tasty (so was lunch actually, but a photo of a bowl of soup isn't all that interesting) and in the end I simply roasted a variety of veg and it was very colourful.  I ought to do that more often.


So - back on SP and here's the day's hopes.
B:  Full English wrap
Basically, you make a wrap with egg - just a very thin omelette, and fill it with brekky stuff although I will probably use ham instead of bacon because I bought some ham 'bits' in Aldi and they need using up.
I'm using ham, chicken sausage, mushroom, tomatoes and some yellow pepper.  Nice!
SW:  free - the sausage is a quarter syn so I'm not really bothering!

L:  ham and cheg salad
Cheg stands for 'cheese and egg' and it is devilled eggs, more or less.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese and one syn for some mayo that you mix into the egg yolk and cheese

D:  Cuban beef, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
The Cuban beef is from the freezer - still using stuff up and there's a way to go yet because I will keep adding to it!
SW:  free

Ss:  fruit, sparkly water


I know that the steak looks extravagant and so it is at £2, but not as bad as it looks.  It's actually half of a bashed out sirloin steak from Aldi and makes a perfect treat for me.
When I was there yesterday, I saw that they have Aberdeen Angus 'sizzle steaks'.  I've never seen them before - they are thin cut and just £1.00 each so I got some.  Steaks are lovely on warm, summer evenings or in a sarnie and, at that price, it's not dreadfully naughty either.  Hope they're OK.
Have any of you ever tried them?  What did you think?


6 comments:

  1. Looks good! I joined Slimming World last week. One of my lovely colleagues has lost 2 stone so I went with her to a meeting.

    I now understand your recipes/meals a bit more and will be looking back over them all for inspiration! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done for taking the plunge, Ali, and if anything in here is of help, I will be very, very happy. There's a tab at the top leading to links to all the recipes.
      Thank you for letting me know.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Just back from my first weigh in and I've lost 2lbs this week! I will definitely being asking you for help!! xxx

      Delete
    3. Fantastic - well done. It feels great, doesn't it. If I can help, please do ask. I'll do my best!
      xx

      Delete
  2. £2 for a steak is not really extravagant, it's not like you eat them every day is it? Not tried the minute steaks, let us know what they're like as husband may well be interested (he's more into steak than I am, I'd rather have fish or something cheesy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite every day anyway! ;-)
      I will let you know as I have planned one for tomorrow's dinner. They look very nice and, if they're as nice as they look, they're great value. Thinking about it, my Dad might also be interested.
      I've got into steak since I realised that if I hammer it flatter and more or less wave it over the pan, it is (usually) very tender. I don't like tough meat and I used to end up with very tough steaks - overcooking them.
      xx

      Delete