Wednesday 12 June 2019

Wednesday, 12-06-19

Good morning.

Breakfast bake.  Really tasty!  It would also be fine for other meals with suitable sides too.














Today's plans
B:  porridge with yogurt and fruit
Back to an old favourite today as it's dull and a bit chilly out there.  Nice and frugal as oats are dead cheap, the strawberries are from the garden and the yogurt is home made with milk from Aldi!
SW:  one healthy extra B for 40g oats and half an A for milk

L:  yogurt and fruit
My usual weighday lunch and very nice too
SW:  free

D:  Jackburger with salad, the rest of the onion relish I made at the weekend and coleslaw; caramel yogurt
This is what my family and I call the famous Jack Monroe carrot, cumin and kidneybean burgers (nothing to do with jackfruit!) which we like very much.  This is also a very frugal meal - Jack's recipes are known for their economical nature, after all.
The caramel yogurt is a bit of a cheat - my home made yogurt with some Monin calorie free caramel syrup.  Lord only knows what it has in it to be calorie free, I haven't looked, but it is quite powerful and a little goes a long way in yogurt.
S:  half a syn for a little bit of flour in the burger and one syn for super-light mayo in the coleslaw.

Ss:  just water today

Body magic:  A walk and, weather permitting, some gardening.

After reading something yesterday, I am trying out some 'lentil tortillas'.  I started the batter off yesterday and finished them half an hour ago.  They are now cooling.
If they're nice, I guess they will become part of my healthy eating long term and I will post about them.  If not, then I won't!

SW group this evening.  Fingers crossed!


2 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, dull and very overcast here but no rain, thankfully (there's only so much rain one can take!). Ooh, lentil tortillas....don't you think experimenting with new food ideas on healthy eating living is exciting? I do too! Good luck for weigh in. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do, I'm looking forward to trying one. I've worked out calories and they're not bad - less than a usual wrap and certainly less than a roll or a pitta.
      Still dull here but definitely no rain - yet.
      xx

      Delete